Question Time

New look for Question Time coming up tonight. It was due to be streaming live on iPlayer but for whatever reason hasn’t been. 

twitter.com 

It is streaming on iPlayer, I’m watching it (on a delay) now.

Largely like the refreshed set and graphics. Titles are Catchphrase inspired.

Not a massive fan of the desk and the screens on it look a bit randomly placed and just on there for the sake of it.

Was quite interesting see them having three goes at recording the start of the programme.

*Looks like it is no longer accessible from iPlayer, but it was whilst it was playing out.

The titles are alright (in the most neutral of terms). They remind me more of a temporary election graphic used by Newsnight than a permanent title sequence - lacking the level of detail and depth that you should get for something non-transient. The location graphic was a good idea, but just looks a bit cheap (as tends to be the case with a simple gradient). Also surprised that they aren't using Reith. The set is more mixed. The backing of the set is actually quite nice, but the desk is awful - it doesn't even looked like they've bothered trying to integrate the screens into the body of the desk.

Though, to be quite honest, the presentation as it was wasn't Question Time's biggest problem.

twitter.com 

Agree on the desk. Looks very messy along the front, they could have gone a bit simpler for the design. Everything else looks good though.

The desk with the logo and two screens just looks too busy and too crowded

It basically says “Grimsby Question Time Question Time”
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • DE88

I imagine it's probably easier to have the location name on a screen, rather than having to put out individual letters on the floor like they used to do.

One of the main problems is the presenter. It just doesn’t ‘pop’ with Fiona Bruce, good as she is on AR and the news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pips2022's post:
  • thomash79

(22-09-2022, 11:18 PM)Phil Wrote:  I imagine it's probably easier to have the location name on a screen, rather than having to put out individual letters on the floor like they used to do.
I’m sure it’s easier, but the presentation isn’t good, if they had a screen like on the one in Studio B for example with the place name on it would look a lot better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Ma76

Still using an awful mocked-up (old) BBC logo on the endboard.