BBC/STV Scotland News

Has there been a normal regional news service, on good morning Britain, for STV area viewers?

So a good way into the new look for Reporting Scotland, and the main 6.30pm programme still has that really awkward camera shot (sometimes static, sometimes a zoom into the presenter) after the titles. Surely I can’t be the only person that thinks it looks awful.

They have such a large, new studio, why not show it off with different angles and swoops of the studio, rather than dull, and boring shots they seem to be obsessed with.

(19-04-2024, 12:14 AM)TELEVISION Wrote:  So a good way into the new look for Reporting Scotland, and the main 6.30pm programme still has that really awkward camera shot (sometimes static, sometimes a zoom into the presenter) after the titles. Surely I can’t be the only person that thinks it looks awful.

They have such a large, new studio, why not show it off with different angles and swoops of the studio, rather than dull, and boring shots they seem to be obsessed with.

Agreed - especially as the post title music seems to last just a second or two too long for such a static shot.

The last Seven Days programme on the BBC Scotland channel is next week:

x.com 

(21-04-2024, 06:49 PM)j.smith Wrote:  The last Seven Days programme on the BBC Scotland channel is next week:

x.com 

With The Nine also going, the beginning of the end of the BBC Scotland channel imo.

Both John Mackay and Kelly will be outside Holyrood at 6pm, i would also expect a special titles

(6 hours ago)Milkshake Wrote:  Both John Mackay and Kelly will be outside Holyrood at 6pm, i would also expect a special titles

Infact, John’s in the Glasgow studio as usual.

Presumably more out of convenience since Kelly Ann is based in Edinburgh day in, day out.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Milkshake

(6 hours ago)Milkshake Wrote:  Both John Mackay and Kelly will be outside Holyrood at 6pm, i would also expect a special titles

Only Kelly-Ann at Bute House. John is in the studio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GMc's post:
  • Milkshake