BBC/STV Scotland News

(15-03-2023, 10:54 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Has Reporting Scotland developed the same allergy to sitting down that Kay Burley has often had over the years on Sky News?
If you think that's bad, you'd hate Dutch news - they all stand up there. NOS doesn't even have a proper desk for their main bulletin - just a small lectern - and the presenter does quite a lot of walking:

www.youtube.com 

(15-03-2023, 10:54 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Has Reporting Scotland developed the same allergy to sitting down that Kay Burley has often had over the years on Sky News?

Reporting Scotland are no stranger to weird standing presentation:

[Image: repscot0405.jpg]
(2004, Image courtesy of TV Live)

(15-03-2023, 11:26 PM)GMc Wrote:  

Gosh, that set is criminal. Studio looks pokey and it is blatantly obvious that the newsroom backdrops are fake and on screens. Had they had one big screen instead of the smaller two, I think they might have gotten away with it. Probably the nadir of Reporting Scotland's presentation.

(15-03-2023, 11:26 PM)GMc Wrote:  

I’d forgotten about that iteration of Reporting Scotland. Could never quite work out what the intention behind the set and presentation was.
Of course, that was in the days of the newsroom set for the daytime/late bulletins. I seem to recall there were parts of the newsroom that were different colours (orange, purple) but eventually everything became red and blue.

(16-03-2023, 12:06 AM)Dougal Wrote:  
(15-03-2023, 11:26 PM)GMc Wrote:  Reporting Scotland are no stranger to weird standing presentation:

I’d forgotten about that iteration of Reporting Scotland. Could never quite work out what the intention behind the set and presentation was.
Of course, that was in the days of the newsroom set for the daytime/late bulletins. I seem to recall there were parts of the newsroom that were different colours (orange, purple) but eventually everything became red and blue.
Urghhh ... I remember that look - it was truly awful. It was much better when they relit it in red and added the desk.

[Image: repscot0710.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like TELEVISION's post:
  • bkman1990, GMc, Plutobug, Superman1986

(15-03-2023, 11:26 PM)GMc Wrote:  Reporting Scotland are no stranger to weird standing presentation:

That was the era of Newsnight Scotland using that set too, and when they plonked a great big desk down, and re-lit it in the NN colours, it looked a hell of a lot better

Noticed on tonights STV News that it was single heading by John from the Edinburgh studio, there must be an issue in Glasgow? And at the end they used a 2021 endcap
[-] The following 2 users Like W1ll's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(10-03-2023, 06:35 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Here is how the set is looking so far…

Ah so it is going to follow the style of the main BBC One news and some regional news looks in England. Liking how its looking so far
[-] The following 3 users Like Plutobug's post:
  • bkman1990, Stockland Hillman, Superman1986

(10-03-2023, 06:35 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  Here is how the set is looking so far…
I really hope there's more to the set than just the Screens, Monolith & Desk. A soft area would be good, with sofas perhaps?
[-] The following 2 users Like lepeterrr's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn

That set wasn't great was it! I remember the brightly coloured newsroom, I'm sure the newsroom set was initially for the shortlived Newsline Scotland programme on the BBC Choice Scotland opt. Would love to see some clips of it!
[-] The following 2 users Like PWD's post:
  • bkman1990, GMc