BBC/ITV Midlands News

Does anyone with a technical mind know why, when Midlands Today opt out for the national headlines and are soft-opted, there's ghosting around the headline text on Network. Almost like PAL artefacts, it doesn't happen to anything originating from their studio, only Network.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

To my eyes, that just looks like an HD>SD>HD upscale footprint?
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Superman1986

Tonight’s ITV News Central for the East Midlands had a fire alarm tonight

(17-02-2024, 10:17 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Tonight’s ITV News Central for the East Midlands had a fire alarm tonight

Handled with aplomb I should think, given who it happened to!:
x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deejay's post:
  • Kendal87

How unlucky for it to go off during their 5 minutes of the day they're on air. Did they just cut to a breakdown or switch to the presumably pre-recorded West version?

(17-02-2024, 10:45 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  How unlucky for it to go off during their 5 minutes of the day they're on air. Did they just cut to a breakdown or switch to the presumably pre-recorded West version?

You can watch it here

www.itv.com 

It was going off during the throw to the weather, so all they didn’t come back after the weather and therefore finished very slightly early
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Brekkie, Superman1986

Did they just air black for a couple of minutes before crashing into the ITV News slide? I assume ITV's playout would've detected or stepped in black going to air.

What's interesting is the blip of studio sound when it goes to the ITV News sting, the alarm still going off.

Saved to YouTube for posterity:

youtu.be 

I wonder if they still have a two stage alarm at Gas Street, or if when the building was sold to Cube and gutted and ITV moved people out/made people redundant, they reinstalled the fire alarm system?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • Superman1986

A slight interruption to proceedings on the 1330 Midlands Today, Shefali walked across the screen and seemed to throw Nicola Beckford off a bit.

The end of the bulletin included Nicola giving Shefali a 'telling off'

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • thePineapple