BBC/ITV Midlands News

Octopus Energy have ended their weather sponsorship for ITV News Central

And presumably ditto in any other region(s) for which they were the weather sponsor too? (I think they were also the ITV London Weekday Weather sponsor, at least)

In the current climate of impending sky-high energy bills, having an energy company as the sponsor isn't ideal. Although, presumably, the sponsorship deal has expired anyway rather than being curtailed because of that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Superman1986

(28-09-2022, 08:31 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  And presumably ditto in any other region(s) for which they were the weather sponsor too? (I think they were also the ITV London Weekday Weather sponsor, at least)

In the current climate of impending sky-high energy bills, having an energy company as the sponsor isn't ideal. Although, presumably, the sponsorship deal has expired anyway rather than being curtailed because of that.

You’re bang on correct!, they were sponsors for ITV London weekday weather too
[-] The following 1 user Likes Superman1986's post:
  • Former Member 406

Octopus customers (for I am one) had an email which included them saying they weren’t going to be doing any advertising for a while.

East Midlands Today is getting a new set by the looks of it twitter.com 

The temporary set, as seen at 5.30pm today:

videopress.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Former Member 406, Superman1986

That's very nice indeed, for a temporary set. Presumably it's in somewhere like a meeting room, or similar?

It would be good if all regions could have as nice a temporary set as that, when they each get the forthcoming set update in their respective main studios.
[-] The following 2 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

Politics East Midlands seems to have been recorded prior to work starting on the update of the main set:

videopress.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • Former Member 406

Aren't the regional political shows mostly recorded on a Friday afternoon? Very rarely are they live these days.

Will be interesting to see what EMT end up with, part of me wants a modern version of the Nottingham Ironing Board to come back.

I also assume that this will be a slow roll out across the English Regions, and I expect Birmingham will be last given their planned move to Digbeth in 2025/6.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • Superman1986

(02-10-2022, 11:00 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  That's very nice indeed, for a temporary set. Presumably it's in somewhere like a meeting room, or similar?

It would be good if all regions could have as nice a temporary set as that, when they each get the forthcoming set update in their respective main studios.

When Spotlight updated their main studio in 2015, they had a pretty decent temporary set, which they were in for some time, was nice when they came back to the main studio after the refit, hopefully they won’t take as long as Spotlight did to refit your studios
[-] The following 1 user Likes TJTSW's post:
  • Superman1986