Unused Idents and Presentation

(06-09-2023, 08:59 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Interesting to see some of the alternative options they could have gone with – some very much better than others.

There’s some more on the development of the final logo and brand in this article from 2013 too…

www.logodesignlove.com 

A few interesting things on there on the journey from deciding the main channel's logo should be multicoloured, then deciding it should be segmented, after a few other experiments coming up with the "colour picker" system and then, after everything else, deciding on the colours for the main logo.

You can also see the attempts to get the connection from 't' to 'v' just right so that the logo doesn't read as 'ITN'.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • Spencer, W. Knight

I remember in 2013 when the logo was unveiled, there were quite a few comments on TV Forum that it didn’t look like a serious and formal enough logo to work for ITV News.

Can you imagine if they went with this one…

[Image: IMG_6772.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, TVFan, W. Knight

Going back only 5 years, an apparently unused E4 ident concept. I rather like this maze one. Talking of E4, are we getting that rumoured rebrand?

www.instagram.com 

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Roger Darthwell

(06-09-2023, 01:41 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I remember in 2013 when the logo was unveiled, there were quite a few comments on TV Forum that it didn’t look like a serious and formal enough logo to work for ITV News.

Can you imagine if they went with this one…

[Image: IMG_6772.jpeg]
Wow. What an eyesore.
[-] The following 2 users Like callumwatchestelly's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Stuart

(30-10-2023, 10:40 PM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  Wow. What an eyesore.

If this was the 70's it would have been passable.

(30-10-2023, 07:38 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  Going back only 5 years, an apparently unused E4 ident concept. I rather like this maze one. Talking of E4, are we getting that rumoured rebrand?

www.instagram.com 

That's very Infinite 4.

(06-09-2023, 08:40 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  Some early concepts behind the 2013 ITV corporate redesign:
iancul.com 
(From iancul.com )
Interesting to see the 1999 wordmark sort of making a return, with even more focus on the "i"!
Rather like the 'vaguely 1999' look, especially with the dots. Very European. I think the smile one was where the eventual logo originates. As for the adult colouring book one...

[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • W. Knight

Another resurfaced ident. BBC Two Dad's Army ident.

www.youtube.com