Channel 5 Presentation Thread (Present Day -)

(13-03-2023, 01:06 AM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  
(12-03-2023, 11:22 PM)gottago Wrote:  Just tuned into a Britpop show and it had "Brand New" under the DOG briefly, presumably it's just come back from a break. Is this a new thing?

They usually do that when a episode being shown has never been aired before

I think gottago understands the concept of the phrase, I think the question was more to do with when it was introduced as a DOG.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • gottago, Jon

There's so much recycled programming/titles on Channel 5, they have to indicate if it is something they haven't repackaged (yet).

Like the Hughie Green documentary on Saturday night - billed in listings as "The rise and Fall of Mr Saturday Night", the title they used a few months back for the Noel Edmonds documentary. However this wasn't the title that appeared on the programme itself (indeed as a Thames employee he didn't host on Saturday nights) - not sure if it was new or a repeat but I'm sure C5 have done a documentary on him before and no doubt scheduled it to coincide with the Paula Yates documentary on C4.

Suspect their Ant and Dec ones will be getting an outing by the end of SNT, and wouldn't be surprised if they have one for Gary Lineker in the works.

(13-03-2023, 10:19 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Like the Hughie Green documentary on Saturday night - billed in listings as "The rise and Fall of Mr Saturday Night", the title they used a few months back for the Noel Edmonds documentary.  However this wasn't the title that appeared on the programme itself (indeed as a Thames employee he didn't host on Saturday nights) - not sure if it was new or a repeat but I'm sure C5 have done a documentary on him before and no doubt scheduled it to coincide with the Paula Yates documentary on C4. 

Suspect their Ant and Dec ones will be getting an outing by the end of SNT, and wouldn't be surprised if they have one for Gary Lineker in the works.

I think that Hughie one was new but I'm not sure.

Loving the new Channel 5 Challenge Anneka idents and break bumpers tonight!

Which has been in use at least since Friday.

I do like the updated titles:

youtu.be 

Speaking of Paramount, I think they're rolling out the new Nickelodeon look internationally: the YT channels have changed.

Maybe on April 1st

Watching The Hobbit now and am very disappointed that it is being shown in 16:9. I thought terrestrial channels had stopped cropping films these days.

(09-04-2023, 08:44 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Watching The Hobbit now and am very disappointed that it is being shown in 16:9. I thought terrestrial channels had stopped cropping films these days.
Channel 5 is the only one of the main channels that still uses cropping, though they do show plenty of other films in the correct ratio. I think the only others that sometimes use cropping are the Great! channels.

(09-04-2023, 09:22 PM)TVFan Wrote:  
(09-04-2023, 08:44 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Watching The Hobbit now and am very disappointed that it is being shown in 16:9. I thought terrestrial channels had stopped cropping films these days.
Channel 5 is the only one of the main channels that still uses cropping, though they do show plenty of other films in the correct ratio. I think the only others that sometimes use cropping are the Great! channels.
It’s still not good enough. ITV showed The Hobbit films in the correct ratio (2.35:1) so why can’t Channel 5? Their sister company is Paramount, for goodness’ sake!