TV Social Media Pres Gold

Noteworthy presentation material available on YouTube/Twitter/Facebook/Instagram.  Please try to include some context/explanation within your post.

NOTE: please avoid referencing material that has clearly been websnatched from a presentation website.

What’s meant by the word “Gold” in the thread title?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

My personal take on 'Gold' would be those rare nuggets of presentation not found on the pres sites and more popular social media channels - 'lost' idents, feature promos and the like.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

Tyne Tees continuity from around August 1987, which includes a three-and-a-half minute promotion for ITV’s Autumn schedule. I’ve not seen this promo before - it’s in the style of a Party Political Broadcast and is presented by Richard Wilson (unless I’m mistaken). Promo starts at 02:43. 

Credit: Neil Miles - YouTube

Sorry - I’m not sure how to imbed the link. The “video” tab does not give YouTube as an option, and when I choose another option the video shows as unavailable. Help, please?

youtu.be 

Evadne Fisher  doing some live in-vision from February 1986, explaining Central Easter goodies.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NptxFjRCbRQ
[-] The following 2 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • Clean Feed, Si-Co

(07-08-2022, 01:45 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Evadne Fisher  doing some live in-vision from February 1986, explaining Central Easter goodies.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NptxFjRCbRQ

That in-vision piece seems a little odd. It feels like a pre-recorded, quite non-specific, pretty useless promotion of easter programming.

Basically, "we've got lots of great programmes...but we're not going to tell you anything about them." Quite bizarre.
[-] The following 5 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • chaose, gottago, Roger Darthwell, Si-Co, TVFan

The Channel 4 director playing with some video effects at closedown:

youtu.be 

Clip: Neil Miles.
[-] The following 4 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Si-Co, The Decimator, TVFan

(08-08-2022, 11:37 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  The Channel 4 director playing with some video effects at closedown:

youtu.be 

Clip: Neil Miles.

Completely unnecessary and completely fantastic.
[-] The following 3 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Si-Co, The Decimator

www.youtube.com 

4-tel on view from the 30th December 1996- one of the final ones as Channel 4 went 24 hours around a week after this.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, The Decimator

A News Report at closedown on BBC Two, from December 1981, read by the duty announcer Peter Bolgar.

An unusual moment here where the announcer stops dead whilst reading out the news report - unable to read the handwritten script.

Can only imagine the investigation there may have been the next day about that one.  These were the days when every word of the announcer's peak time announcements were scrutinised in meetings.

www.youtube.com 

Clip: Sticky tape 'n' rust
[-] The following 3 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Si-Co, The Decimator