Doctor Who

(13-04-2024, 06:55 AM)Flux Wrote:  Just to play devil’s advocate, it doesn’t say they’ll be on screen together through the series. Only that the Doctor will have two companions in Series 2.

They may well be, but the way it’s written it’s just as likely they’re only in a handful of episodes together, or even just the one episode which was being read on the day these pictures were taken.

And that fits the Initial reports. It could be like series four with Donna present throughout and Martha appearing in sevreal episodes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • UTVLifer

I wonder if it might be something along the lines of Ruby stepping back from TARDIS life at the end of Ep1/Ep2 and returning home, the Doctor then carrying on alone and meeting Varada's character in Ep3, travelling with her for the rest of the season, with Ruby then being brought back into it for the Season 2 finale

I think RTD has played this rather well. We had a long hiatus until the 60th anniversary which may have provoked more interest as we knew the very popular David Tennant was returning, but also his replacement.

Now they're at a point where Ncuti's second series has almost wrapped, yet we are still a month away from seeing his first series. I can only assume that there is a great deal of post-production work required on the SFX. We've already seen that Disney have deep pockets for such lavish expenditure.

I'm a fan of both the programme and Ncuti's portrayal, so I am on the edge of my seat waiting for 11 May. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

(13-04-2024, 10:01 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I think RTD has played this rather well. We had a long hiatus until the 60th anniversary which may have provoked more interest as we knew the very popular David Tennant was returning, but also his replacement.

Now they're at a point where Ncuti's second series has almost wrapped, yet we are still a month away from seeing his first series. I can only assume that there is a great deal of post-production work required on the SFX. We've already seen that Disney have deep pockets for such lavish expenditure.

I'm a fan of both the programme and Ncuti's portrayal, so I am on the edge of my seat waiting for 11 May. Tongue

What amazes me is to think before we have even seen Ncuti's first season, he has almost completed his second season, as well as the 2024 Christmas special, and no doubt he will soon complete the 2025 Christmas special - feels like this new era has produced so much material way in advance, way farther than any of the current New Who era has done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • UTVLifer

Ncuti will be a massive success. He’s perfect casting.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • RhysJR, Stuart, UTVLifer

Hope they got permission from the owners of the building in the background for that... Big Grin Big Grin

twitter.com 

The new Doctor Who Magazine reveals that the new series (specifically Steven Moffat's episode 3) uses the 'volume' tech previously used on the Disney+ Star Wars shows.

www.comingsoon.net 
[-] The following 2 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • RhysJR, UTVLifer

The Doctor Who Prom will return this year.

www.bbc.co.uk 

And that's not the only thing returning. I'm dreading the internet discourse already.
Personally, I would have buried it, but not change it, because it was so unpopular and arguably didn't work in-universe, but I am satisfied with how the RTD2 era has dealt with it well so far.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • UTVLifer

There's a Doctor Who branded Routemaster bus going around Central London ahead of tonight's series premiere.

This one hasn't been transported to Dubai and damaged en route.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Strange