Doctor Who

Look who's back...

youtu.be 

Shady's back, tell a friend? .

The social channels have released this trailer for Doom's Day, an upcoming multimedia story told across comics, audios, books etc. I have to say, the trailer looks painfully low-budget... I'm sure it has virtually nothing to do with the TV production team, but I'm a little surprised this actually made it through:

twitter.com 

Yes looks awful, really amateur. I thought we were on a Disney+ budget now?

(20-03-2023, 11:03 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Yes looks awful, really amateur. I thought we were on a Disney+ budget now?

To be fair, this doesn't involve the TV show so I wouldn't expect it to match whatever budget Bad Wolf has. But considering the production values are, erm, sub-optimal, the risk of some people just seeing the video and assuming this is connected to the new series must surely ring some alarm bells?! I wonder what - if anything - Disney+ make of it?

It seems a lot of the supposed backlash is down to fans of disgraced writer Graham Linehan, and similar people.

The way it has been produced seems entirely suitable for the overall format; the more genuine annoyance seems to be rather similar to the TV Forum kind - people hearing about it and deciding the project was something it wasn't, and being disappointed that the reality didn't match what was in their head.

In any case, Sooz Kempner is excellent, and that trumps everything else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Josh

I'm just annoyed that it involves East Side Games. I'd like to install their recently launched Lost in Time mobile app, but it's not compatible with my device (which, by the way, isn't even a year old). So I won't be seeing their chapter of this story.

New casting announcement

twitter.com 

Embargo broken it appears. Official announcement imminent with more info.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

Jinkx Monsoon? I barely know her!

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • Roger Darthwell