Discovery+

Couldn't see a thread yet for Discovery+. 

Does anyone know the resolution/framerate it uses for streaming? I've been watching some episodes of Homestead Rescue recently on our LG TV, and although the picture certainly looks HD, it also has a slightly blocky appearance which makes me think the bitrate can't be very good... There also seemed to be a bit of framerate judder, unless that's burnt into the production (which obviously is American)?

No way that I'm aware of to check the specs of the incoming stream on my setup.

(27-10-2023, 10:09 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Couldn't see a thread yet for Discovery+. 

Does anyone know the resolution/framerate it uses for streaming? I've been watching some episodes of Homestead Rescue recently on our LG TV, and although the picture certainly looks HD, it also has a slightly blocky appearance which makes me think the bitrate can't be very good... There also seemed to be a bit of framerate judder, unless that's burnt into the production (which obviously is American)?

No way that I'm aware of to check the specs of the incoming stream on my setup.

The HD channels are 1920x1080/25fps, Eurosport and TNT Sports are 1920x1080/50fps.   SD channels are 1024x576/25fps.

I've found with LG apps that they can be fixed at 30/60Hz which gives that motion judder issue, which is why I prefer to use streaming boxes over the smart tv apps.