ITVx - The ITV News Streaming Service

Faye Barker joins:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

I’m looking forward to this. It would be good if, in time, it evolves into something more like the old ITV News Channel. Think along the lines of NBC News Now, which I believe started much like this new ITV News thing on X.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986, UTVLifer

All 3 of the main US networks have a similar service, there's ABC News Live and CBS News as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Kojak

Honestly - I can’t figure out who’s going to watch this. Hope to be proven wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • Andrew Wood, Pips2022

(16-10-2022, 04:26 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Honestly - I can’t figure out who’s going to watch this. Hope to be proven wrong.

I think if they distribute via social as well as ITV X then it could have some potential - I'm usually surprised how many people tune into the Sky News live stream on YouTube.
[-] The following 3 users Like mnlbay's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Jeff, Rijowhi

Apparently there will be in-vision links on the FAST channel. This would suggest a lower budget NBC News Now with pre-recorded links slotted in as required.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Ma76, UTVLifer

(17-10-2022, 10:52 AM)mnlbay Wrote:  
(16-10-2022, 04:26 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Honestly - I can’t figure out who’s going to watch this. Hope to be proven wrong.

I think if they distribute via social as well as ITV X then it could have some potential - I'm usually surprised how many people tune into the Sky News live stream on YouTube.

Yes, I think streaming it via YouTube is key to building an audience (and if at all possible, stream it worldwide - would be excellent for expats).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

Wouldn't that be missing the point that it's being created to help build an audience on ITVX?

(20-10-2022, 09:23 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  Wouldn't that be missing the point that it's being created to help build an audience on ITVX?

Yes, of course - but there is the conundrum. Are they just using this new service to build up ITVX, or do they want to restablish some sort of news channel down the line? Sadly(?), I think I know the answer.

I have received a few notifications of terms of condition changes on 10th November.