STV Presentation

(18-10-2023, 11:44 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Do we know which ITV1 region they use for DR? Is it London, as the ‘default’ ITV1, or Border Scotland which would make more sense geographically and politically?

I don't think that for one night "special event" they'd care about picking the right region

(18-10-2023, 01:58 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  I don't know if this was the same for the main STV, but as far as I know STV+1 was broadcasting ITV Granada for a little bit.
It had a messy handover. The STV News bulletin wasn't even finished yet and it cut from that into the Granada weather with James Wright.
I just saw this on your YouTube channel - not sure why that went out on STV+1 as the normal STV HD channel (Freeview 103) had that late bulletin with Andrea Brymer continue (not freeze up) to introduce an all-Scotland weather forecast by STV weatherman Philip Petrie, then she closed the bulletin as normal with music and closing graphics. We didn't see any of that Granada bulletin play out on the usual channel where I was watching in Edinburgh.

Xmas pres has started on STV now, with Idents and promo

Major blooper on STV this morning, I hear. Superman Returns is lost after half an hour (this is at about 1:15am), so they filled the time with educational shorts! At least according to a guy I know on another forum who happens to be Scottish.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • BlueFrog, TVFan

(01-12-2023, 11:49 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Major blooper on STV this morning, I hear. Superman Returns is lost after half an hour (this is at about 1:15am), so they filled the time with educational shorts! At least according to a guy I know on another forum who happens to be Scottish.

You are not wrong that STV had a cockup on the morning of 1st of December.

They broadcast the film 'Man of Steel' at 12:45. About 45 minutes into the film (this would have been around 1:30am) it cut off. Unexpectedly.
It stayed blank for a couple of minutes. Then they cut to a loop of Scottish programme-filler, namely programmes such as 'Sean's Scotland' and 'Scotland Revealed Moments'.

Continuity consisted of a handful of STV Player promos and clean idents. At one point, there was two idents in one junction! Should I note that none of these programmes had a DOG.

It would stay like this from 1:30am until 3:00am. They cut away from the filler, only for the 'Volkswagen sponsors STV movies' sting to appear frozen. This remained on the screen for about 30-40 seconds until they eventually cut to the network feed (ITV1) for signed Deal or No Deal (presumably because of rights issues they weren't able to cut in earlier, ITV1 was broadcasting the first of ShopOnTV.)

18 minutes into Deal and they manage to get back on-air, creating a rather choppy cut from ITV1 to STV (DOG sported).

last-minute edit: the programmes definitely loop at some point. On my friend's recording of this I've seen the same Sean's Scotland episode on here twice.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 3 users Like BlueFrog's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Nobby, TVFan

It didn't happen as bad this evening going into Emmerdale, but there clearly having issues, or someone at ITV never given STV the right timings.

I thought this was odd on playback, with the announcement being made over the sponsorship bumper and Trigger Point promo. The pitfalls of incorrectly played out pre-recorded annoucements...

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]

I’m not a particularly regular ITV News viewer, but was surprised to see that there’s an ‘STV Weather’ sting and custom sponsor ‘Heinz Sponsors STV National Weather’ during the integrated weather forecast in the ITV News at 6:30pm.

It strikes me as odd from the perspective that STV Weather would surely refer to the Scottish weather, not the UK forecast. The STV sting is followed by the ITV weather logo on the weather itself anyway, so it’s inconsistent. But it is quite impressive technically that they can do this - it appears pretty seamless.

(31-01-2024, 08:32 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  I’m not a particularly regular ITV News viewer, but was surprised to see that there’s an ‘STV Weather’ sting and custom sponsor ‘Heinz Sponsors STV National Weather’ during the integrated weather forecast in the ITV News at 6:30pm.

It strikes me as odd from the perspective that STV Weather would surely refer to the Scottish weather, not the UK forecast. The STV sting is followed by the ITV weather logo on the weather itself anyway, so it’s inconsistent. But it is quite impressive technically that they can do this - it appears pretty seamless.

It’s been like that for years even before ITV News got extended to the full hour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary McEwan's post:
  • LargelyALurker