STV Presentation

(31-03-2023, 11:18 AM)Globaltraffic24 Wrote:  I’ve been watching Viaplay’s move into Scotland closely. Now they have Scottish football rights, their presence in pubs, on billboards etc is huge. It’s become a household brand in Scotland overnight. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see a Viaplay agreement with STV in the near future or possibly even a buyout of STV.
Of course Viaplay (or Viasat, as they were known for many years) are no strangers to terrestrial TV, having set up TV3 across Sweden, Denmark and Norway back in the late 80s (from London, I might add, as we had much looser advertising rules!).
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • benzj, Former Member 443, insert_good_username_here

I think STV really needs a rebrand seeing that they've been using the same presentation for nearly 10 years now.

BrandonH: Archiving Television Past and Present.
[-] The following 3 users Like BrandonHTVYT's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, JosiahStuart, PWD

(21-05-2023, 02:10 PM)BrandonHTVYT Wrote:  I think STV really needs a rebrand seeing that they've been using the same presentation for nearly 10 years now.

And STV has been using the same logo (for all intents and purposes) for 14 years.

I do agree that STV needs a rebrand.

STV also agrees they need a rebrand but Covid put stop to all that a while ago. They are there now relooking at this at the moment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • Edogawa Ranpo

(21-05-2023, 02:43 PM)JosiahStuart Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 02:10 PM)BrandonHTVYT Wrote:  I think STV really needs a rebrand seeing that they've been using the same presentation for nearly 10 years now.

And STV has been using the same logo (for all intents and purposes) for 14 years.

The logo doesn’t necessarily have to change, just the presentation around it. Their current logo is as recognisable as ITV’s - and has stood the test of time much better than the original S logos and the final Scottish and Grampian text-only logos.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 4 users Like Si-Co's post:
  • Former Member 406, insert_good_username_here, LargelyALurker, Stuart

And they're slowly getting recognition for it nationwide with the STV Player so would be foolish to change it now. Indeed the STV Player presentation is pretty slick - fairly simple, but works well.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, LargelyALurker, Si-Co

(23-05-2023, 06:30 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 02:43 PM)JosiahStuart Wrote:  And STV has been using the same logo (for all intents and purposes) for 14 years.

The logo doesn’t necessarily have to change, just the presentation around it. Their current logo is as recognisable as ITV’s - and has stood the test of time much better than the original S logos and the final Scottish and Grampian text-only logos.

They could go the 2D route like ITV's current branding but with triangles and lots of blue.

(23-05-2023, 10:53 AM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 06:30 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  The logo doesn’t necessarily have to change, just the presentation around it. Their current logo is as recognisable as ITV’s - and has stood the test of time much better than the original S logos and the final Scottish and Grampian text-only logos.

They could go the 2D route like ITV's current branding but with triangles and lots of blue.
I'd rather a move away from blue being the main colour of the presentation. As a standalone logo, fine. I liked the purples and blues used during the 2009 rebrand but I think something more vibrant would be better. It's long overdue.

(23-05-2023, 11:29 AM)GMc Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 10:53 AM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  They could go the 2D route like ITV's current branding but with triangles and lots of blue.
I'd rather a move away from blue being the main colour of the presentation. As a standalone logo, fine. I liked the purples and blues used during the 2009 rebrand but I think something more vibrant would be better. It's long overdue.

I think the Scottishness of the blue is one of the reason they won't move away from it
[-] The following 2 users Like Kunst's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Superman1986

(23-05-2023, 11:46 AM)Kunst Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 11:29 AM)GMc Wrote:  I'd rather a move away from blue being the main colour of the presentation. As a standalone logo, fine. I liked the purples and blues used during the 2009 rebrand but I think something more vibrant would be better. It's long overdue.

I think the Scottishness of the blue is one of the reason they won't move away from it

They could add some purple and turquoise/sky blue as sub-colours to probably liven up the branding whilst keeping it Scottish.