Al Jazeera

Lauren Taylor just read the last headlines from London, also noting that the news will come from Doha 24 hours a day starting tomorrow.
[-] The following 3 users Like walterw12345's post:
  • chrisherald, oscillon, Roger Darthwell

(10-07-2023, 11:37 PM)walterw12345 Wrote:  Lauren Taylor just read the last headlines from London, also noting that the news will come from Doha 24 hours a day starting tomorrow.
[-] The following 8 users Like Edcanada's post:
  • Charles, chrisherald, Independent, KatsKaravan, oscillon, Roger Darthwell, sky303, Stooky Bill

(10-07-2023, 11:37 PM)walterw12345 Wrote:  Lauren Taylor just read the last headlines from London, also noting that the news will come from Doha 24 hours a day starting tomorrow.
My tellybox stopped recording because of thunder and loss of DSat signal so I missed the end, but I caught the final title sequence with the logo spinning on to London.  Big Grin

When I get my replacement PC in a few days, I'll save it for myself and share on here.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, walterw12345

Interesting that as a cost-cutting move AJE is centralizing bulletins in Doha and is expected to move The Stream there too while the BBC is sending programs to Washington, Singapore and Nairobi to save money.
[-] The following 3 users Like Independent's post:
  • chrisherald, kookaburra, mouseboy33

(11-07-2023, 12:16 AM)Edcanada Wrote:  
It's a real shame the London bulletins have gone. I get it's much easier for the AJ people to run the whole channel from Doha but I thought the mix of Doha and London was a wonderful point of difference.

That said I still love Al Jazeera. For me it's probably the best news channel on air. It certainly has the best presentation and the best mix of stories. Possibly the only truly global news channel.
[-] The following 2 users Like KatsKaravan's post:
  • chrisherald, LondonViewer

I have a small doubt. Is Inside Story recorded from the green screen studio? That shot behind their diplomatic editor looks very suspicious

[Image: Z2vmqQp.png]

(16-10-2023, 06:36 PM)xlalonce Wrote:  I have a small doubt. Is Inside Story recorded from the green screen studio? That shot behind their diplomatic editor looks very suspicious
Yes it's from a CSO studio.  I think they use it for a number of programmes and not just for the English language version.

(16-10-2023, 08:39 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Yes it's from a CSO studio.  I think they use it for a number of programmes and not just for the English language version.
Thanks.
The only time I watched AJE on a CSO was in the transition period when they were updating the newsroom and main studio

Hazem Sika was back yesterday at the 7-11p shift (GMT). Guess he is now on a freelance basis

imgur.com