Channel 4 News

Is there a gallery in the Leeds studio, or is it always GIR and they're using remote cameras?

(10-02-2024, 03:44 PM)conrad73 Wrote:  I simply relayed what I was told. It's great you've been able to lay out exactly what happened.

I'm the NKOTB here and shall refrain from 'relaying' things from mates in the industry. Lesson learned.

Cheers.

No need to refrain, sometimes information from insiders is all we can go on. It just so happens that sometimes we're lucky enough to get information from those directly involved.

(10-02-2024, 04:03 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Is there a gallery in the Leeds studio, or is it always GIR and they're using remote cameras?

There are no production facilities in Leeds. Everything is controlled and sourced from GIR - in vision monitors, racking, lighting etc. Yes, the cameras are controlled remotely PTZ and they can also move on the studio floor.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bluecortina's post:
  • bilky asko, callumwatchestelly, lookoutwales, Nobby, Spencer, UTVLifer

(10-02-2024, 06:09 PM)Bluecortina Wrote:  No need to refrain, sometimes information from insiders is all we can go on. It just so happens that sometimes we're lucky enough to get information from those directly involved.

There are no production facilities in Leeds. Everything is controlled and sourced from GIR - in vision monitors, racking, lighting etc. Yes, the cameras are controlled remotely PTZ and they can also move on the studio floor.

Yes, no gallery facility in Leeds. That is why when the ITN HQ lost power (a few years ago now?) the Leeds studio had to be driven by a gallery at the Millbank studios. That was there former site in Leeds, but I believe it is a similar set up now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newsjunkie's post:
  • UTVLifer