Channel 4 News

Krishnan Guru-Murthy has been taken off air for a week after he was caught on a live feed (not broadcast on C4) calling Steve Baker MP a **** after a live interview last night:

www.channel4.com 

Channel 4 News is not being streamed live on All4 for some reason tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

An illustration on air tonight of what a mistake it is for news presenters to do things that interviewees can use against them.

Krishnan was presenting Channel 4 News' Autumn Statement coverage from Downing Street. 

During a two way with Jacob Rees-Mogg when Krishnan starts challenging him over the economic impact of Brexit, JRM retorts along the lines of "We know what you think because of your comments to Steve Baker" and "Have you apologised for your comments?"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omnipresent's post:
  • Pips2022

Channel 4 News was only half an hour tonight?

Observing the bank holiday in Scotland? Smile

I did think it was a bit odd, though a bit of a relief considering how depressing the stories were. Back to full length this evening though.

Looks like someone couldn't wait to get back to their book last night  Big Grin

m.youtube.com 

(09-01-2023, 09:46 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Looks like someone couldn't wait to get back to their book last night  Big Grin

m.youtube.com 
From the size of the book it could be Prince Harry's memoirs. In which case that might have been rather deliberate to start reading the book whilst on camera.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(09-01-2023, 11:44 AM)Keith Wrote:  
(09-01-2023, 09:46 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Looks like someone couldn't wait to get back to their book last night  Big Grin

m.youtube.com 
From the size of the book it could be Prince Harry's memoirs.  In which case that might have been rather deliberate to start reading the book whilst on camera.
I’m sure it’s probably a deliberate visual gag.

Has anyone ever asked what benefit there is to Channel 4 News that it comes from both Leeds and London? I've been watching recently and can't quite fathom the benefits.

Regardless of the fact that C4's HQ is in Leeds, which the average viewer couldn't give two shoots about - what is the point?

(25-01-2023, 10:25 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Has anyone ever asked what benefit there is to Channel 4 News that it comes from both Leeds and London? I've been watching recently and can't quite fathom the benefits.

Regardless of the fact that C4's HQ is in Leeds, which the average viewer couldn't give two shoots about - what is the point?
The short answer is politics.

The longer answer is it was an attempt to prevent the government from putting it up for sale, by claiming coming partly from Leeds was in line with the government's leveling up agenda.

Reality is it's essentially a fairly pointless, but presumably expensive gimmick.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Newsroom