Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

Francis Wilson’s bit was very technical, mentioning ‘Colour separation overlay’

Interesting we even get a brief glimpse of the "TV-am starts at 6:00" caption on there- with some video and audio disturbance, presumably that's where they started to record on the master archive tape? Of course there's off air recordings with several miinutes off it.

There's someone on DS who posted they have an interesting sounding tape from the early weeks of TV-am when they still had Daybreak, and recorded some of the test cards and the like around it, would be good if someone could borrow that tape off them so it could be digitised and shared. I could do that but I'm nervous to ask them and worried I'd somehow lose or damage the tape...

Speaking of retired Breakfast sofas and their whereabouts... 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, lepeterrr

It was a shame they basically covered the very first incarnation and then ignored the next 35 years
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, itsrobert, JamesWorldNews, Jayesyn, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News

(17-01-2023, 07:55 PM)harshy Wrote:  There’s definitely something about that original theme tune, it would definitely get you out of bed and time for breakfast.

Never mind remnants of the sofa…a remnant of that original theme tune survived until 2005 with the axing of Breakfast with Frost. I hadn’t realized until recently (probably until someone mentioned it on here) that BwF was a variation on it.

Whenever I see footage of that original edition of Breakfast I'm always amused by the random inclusion of Jane Pauley, who I am sure to this day is wondering what all the fuss was about.

(17-01-2023, 10:46 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Never mind remnants of the sofa…a remnant of that original theme tune survived until 2005 with the axing of Breakfast with Frost. I hadn’t realized until recently (probably until someone mentioned it on here) that BwF was a variation on it.
There are still some remnants of the original Breakfast Time theme tune in the current (very short) one.

(18-01-2023, 05:29 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  There are still some remnants of the original Breakfast Time theme tune in the current (very short) one.
People have said this for a while, but I have never been able to hear it in any of the Lowe themes. Which part of the original theme has survived and whenabouts can we hear it in the current theme?

(18-01-2023, 05:55 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(18-01-2023, 05:29 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  There are still some remnants of the original Breakfast Time theme tune in the current (very short) one.
People have said this for a while, but I have never been able to hear it in any of the Lowe themes. Which part of the original theme has survived and whenabouts can we hear it in the current theme?

At risk of displeasing the mods with possibly posting from a banned YouTube channel I have done a bit of analysis from a video and here it is. I have just done a very quick listen around a few of them and one wonders whether or not it is the way the strings play out with that four note riff. Plus, I would guess there is a little slightly interpolated version of it as the bed but with the theme being more of a sting these days there isn't the build up as before into something more noticeable.

The very first edition of Breakfast Time from 1983:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell
Thread Closed