Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

(19-05-2023, 08:31 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Nice "regional news holding" bed and clips playing out when BBC One NI is meant to show Newsline, but due to industrial action can't.
Yes it was but I found that particular segment of the Breakfast theme music to be very irritating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • Superman1986

Did anyone catch the report Nina was doing this morning about Ice Cream going up in price doing an OB Broadcast in Salford Quay about 6.50am, when some man started ranting about the BBC, Nina handled it well and just moved away, Jon and Sally said Nina was safe and she was coing back into the Studio, they then cut to the ice cream report, however I never saw Nina come back, I stopped watching about 8.15 so not sure if she came back after that, For a pregnant presenter she handled it very well!
[-] The following 6 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, Juicy Joe, scoobiesnacks, Superman1986, UTVLifer

If anyone enjoys looking at swear words and misspelled protest signs, then at 07:09 there was a report on Ron DeSantis that caught someone in the background holding a sign that had "Facism" preceded by an alliterative swear word, in rather large writing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Former Member 406

According to Clean Feed change is coming for Breakfast and Sportsday. Maybe the studio move could happen in 3 July
[-] The following 5 users Like sparkyb28's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Former Member 406, Quantum+83, Reith85

A significant change to any programme (such as a new studio and/or set) launching in July or August seems odd to me, as these two months are when television viewership in general hits the trough of its summer slump.

If the new Breakfast/Sport studio debuts on Monday 26th June, then it'd just about "get in there" BEFORE the "summer slump" months.

BBC Breakast's longstanding reluctance to anything other than piecemeal change makes me expect that there will be little/no revision to things like the theme tune or the sting title sequence etc. We already know that the new faux "window" backdrop is a similar view of TheStudios building at MediaCity to what they currently have, and will have a curved red sofa plonked in front of it. So, it's evolution not revolution.

I said a few years ago on one of this forum's spiritual predecessors that I anticipated that even a new physical set (and/or studio) for Breakfast would probably re-use the current faux view (or something very similar).

Perhaps they fear that significantly changing both the physical surroundings and the faux view thereupon simultaneously would summon The Candyman, or something?
[-] The following 7 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Stuart, Superman1986

Monday 26th June indeed, it seems.

As for keeping much of the current look, I can understand it with Breakfast. I think the spectre of Daybreak still hangs in the air a bit when it comes to breakfast TV, and what they have now is clearly a winning formula with viewers, so I can see why there'd be a reluctance to change too much and potentially put people off.
[-] The following 8 users Like Transmission's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Former Member 406, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(22-06-2023, 06:45 AM)sparkyb28 Wrote:  According to Clean Feed change is coming for Breakfast and Sportsday. Maybe the studio move could happen in 3 July

A little bit quicker, per the same Clean Feed

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Former Member 406, Quantum+83, Reith85, UTVLifer

It’s been too long in that cubic set with low ceiling and funny and uncomfortable angles for the presenters to look at, it was never fit for purpose for a national breakfast programme, it was fine for a regional show like North West Tonight but never looked right for Breakfast.
[-] The following 14 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, GeekyJames, ginnyfan, Lester, London Lite, Newsroom, Nige, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News, thomalex, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(22-06-2023, 07:37 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  A significant change to any programme (such as a new studio and/or set) launching in July or August seems odd to me, as these two months are when television viewership in general hits the trough of its summer slump.

If the new Breakfast/Sport studio debuts on Monday 26th June, then it'd just about "get in there" BEFORE the "summer slump" months.

Not sure if Breakfast fluctuates as much as evening programmes might in the summer.  And unlike the ITV shows they don't exactly have a September restart with a different line up over the summer - the hosts get far less time off and are less likely to be off together.   

Also makes sense for Sport to relaunch over the summer and certainly before the football season begins again.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83

(22-06-2023, 08:38 AM)harshy Wrote:  It’s been too long in that cubic set with low ceiling and funny and uncomfortable angles for the presenters to look at, it was never fit for purpose for a national breakfast programme, it was fine for a regional show like North West Tonight but never looked right for Breakfast.

May one remind one what BBC North West Tonight had way back when in Oxford Road, Studio B. So don't forget - as I seem to keep on saying When everyone says it is what NWT deserve - we have had the biggest downgrade in all of this.

[Image: nwt0826.jpg]
Image Source: tvlive.site 
[-] The following 6 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer
Thread Closed