Thread Closed

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2022

(23-11-2022, 03:43 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Boy George has decided not to participate in the post exit round of interviews, and even asked ITV if he could fly straight back to the UK rather than hanging around for a few days! (they declined)

It'll be interesting to see if he just thinks 'screw this' and makes his own way home and is then totally missing from the 'coming out' show, wonder if there is anything in the contract to stop him doing so although he probably isn't exactly strapped for the cash!

Really does just back up what we saw while he was in camp with his arrogant attitude. Nothing about him on this show's come across well

(I know I'm late replying to this, but I was on holiday most of this week and only got back yesterday, and was going out of my way to avoid spoilers and binged on catching up yesterday evening and today!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • SunburntRock89

(27-11-2022, 10:18 PM)SunburntRock89 Wrote:  What ever happened to the celebs splitting into 2 camps and competing against each other for food etc?
Personally, I found this series a little underwhelming, it seemed like a cruise for all the celebrities. It's like that NASCAR scene from The Simpsons (cars keep nearly crashing and stuff. One flips over 360 and lands on it's wheels, much to the crowd's dismay).

The trials seemed a little too easy for what is normally regarded as the hardest reality TV show. Barely anyone struggled with them and whenever they got a low star count, they got more the next night so nobody really cared.

Sidenote, as someone else said earlier in the thead, Deals of Wheels' lever was definitely less severe than Kiosk Kev dropping the shutters in the contestants' faces. Doubt we'll see it next year.

In terms of a winner, I can see Matt having a clear shot at winning it just for the novelty of him winning it. Not saying that he should though, personally I want Jill to win.

Shows have to be careful how they go about things in the current climate and need to avoid being seen as nasty. Ironic though how the likes of Bake Off and The Repair Shop, apparently once nice shows have resorted to bells and whistles and focusing more on people rather than the production process have suffered trying to please viewers.

I think it's been a pretty solid series, and IMO the sheer fact it was back in Australia meant it was a marked improvement over the two years in Wales (no disrespect intended, that was still a good show in the circumstances, just not so much my cup of tea compared to the jungle).

But I did notice it was missing a couple of elements we've seen in prior Australian series; it was a shame we didn't get something like the 'Outback Challenge' or 'Old Dingo Town' to keep things fresh mid-series, by moving the action away from the camp a little. Something like the old Main Camp/Snake Rock setup used to work well. (Was this year still subject to Covid-related limitations at all?)

Of the final three, Jill was my pick for winner, so a good result there. Very nice to see the eliminated camp mates back in the studio at the end - it was never quite the same in Wales, when they popped up on iPads instead!

Overall, nice to have IAC more-or-less back to normal. We've still got the Coming Out show, then onwards to 2023 and, effectively, two series of the show. The South African series is still mostly shrouded in mystery, despite the fact it's already 'happened'...

(27-11-2022, 10:43 PM)James2001 Wrote:  
(23-11-2022, 03:43 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Boy George has decided not to participate in the post exit round of interviews, and even asked ITV if he could fly straight back to the UK rather than hanging around for a few days! (they declined)

It'll be interesting to see if he just thinks 'screw this' and makes his own way home and is then totally missing from the 'coming out' show, wonder if there is anything in the contract to stop him doing so although he probably isn't exactly strapped for the cash!

Really does just back up what we saw while he was in camp with his arrogant attitude. Nothing about him on this show's come across well

(I know I'm late replying to this, but I was on holiday most of this week and only got back yesterday, and was going out of my way to avoid spoilers and binged on catching up yesterday evening and today!)
I don’t really think Boy George was as bad on the show as you’re making out. At worst he was mildly difficult but for the most part got along with people and mostly even with Matt Hancock. 

To be honest I think they acted in the slightly divaish way you’d expect someone of that ilk and with that background to.

Big ratings for the final. This series has seemed to get the show back on track.

www.itv.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • IanJRedman, western
Thread Closed