BBC Radio 1

1xtra/Asian network do some shows from there. I suppose my point is Birmingham is statistically where most the Target Audience is for Radio 1. Considering the BBC’s want to represent and have voices across the UK, might be nice to have one show on national radio broadcast from there. Not just ship everything to Salford and give opportunities to other areas.
Appreciate newsbeat is there but I’m not sure that’s enough IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J102B's post:
  • UTVLifer

Radio 2 overnights have long been from out of London - Mo Dutta, Alex Lester, Janice Long etc from Brum.

Vick & Jordan had a “At Home” debrief podcast on BBC Sounds which has been rebranded with the new trio and a 10 minute intro episode has appeared today.

Katie confirms she was asked to join the show while on her holiday the week before last (so after Jamie was announced).

Jamie also didn’t know the show was the second biggest on the station, what time it started or the concept of RAJAR….
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • thePineapple, UTVLifer

I think that just about sums up his credentials. Not absolutely a requirement but usually the DJs who have an encyclopedic nature about radio make better radio.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DJ Dave, fanoftv, UTVLifer

I'm guessing that www.bbc.co.uk  is PR defence of Jamie becoming a presenter on drive time.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

I see Greg's producer is leaving. Another one off to capital to join Jordan?