Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards

I notice Drama have moved onto Series 5 of the Upper Hand and some Carlton International slides have started appearing.  They weren't on the earlier series, and having poked around on YouTube series 6 of this show seems to have inherited one of these, as well as a theme tune jazzification:

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

I presume the YouTube uploads are from the Network DVDs.

When ITV3 were repeating Upper Hand they only went up to Series 4, and then looped back to Series 1.  Drama have carried on, and this might be the first time Series 5 has been seen on a terrestrial service for... I really want to say original transmission?

I don't seem to recall Granada Plus ever showing the later series either. Did Paramount Comedy?

(16-11-2023, 12:56 AM)James2001 Wrote:  I don't seem to recall Granada Plus ever showing the later series either. Did Paramount Comedy?

There is at least one series 5 and series 6 episodes showing on YouTube with a Paramount DOG but I can't see any off air copies for the final series, Series 7, aside from what look like DVD copies.

That CTCP endcap morphs into this fairly ugly looking thing from Series 7:
i.imgur.com 
Web Image

I notice Paramount+ have added a bunch of archive Nickelodeon content, including some stuff from the late 90s and the early 2000's, presumably with intent to add more as time goes by, as that content was heavily tipped towards more recent stuff until relatively recently.

From what I've seen of this they all seem to have their original endcaps so there's a collection of Nickelodeon logos at various stages of the brand's life.

I know the Nickelodeon DVDs I have, most imported from other countries (Rocko's Modern Life seems to be the only 90s Nicktoon that ever got released on DVD in the UK... discounting a couple of poundland-only releases in the early 2010s), usually have their original endcaps. The exception seems to be the Spumco produced Ren & Stimpys, which don't have any Nickelodeon endcap (probably down to John K being petty), though it's there on the Games Productions ones, and The Angry Beavers- where Season 1 has the Season 2 endcap for some reason (the other seasons have the correct one though).

Series 6 of The Upper Hand debuted on Drama the other day, and the Columbia TriStar Central endboard was kept, followed by the 1999 Carlton International logo.

Yeah, I said that earlier in the thread, pretty much at the top of this page Smile I even posted the Series 7 endcap as well.