S4C at 40

1st November marks S4C's fortieth anniversary as Britain's first fourth channel. Currently, selected trailers incorporate a brief animation that transitions between S4C and 40.

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, Clean Feed, DE88, Ma76, Milkshake, Rexogamer, Roger Darthwell, Underscore_

Oh, I do like that 40th anniversary logo.
It's quite nice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConorM98's post:
  • g1ngerj0sh

I think it might be a new logo and new look.

Let's hope so, because the current look and idents look stale

Imagine if they pull a BBC Two and air idents from the Dragon era or air idents from different sets like they did with the 30th anniversary.

A very happy 40th Birthday to S4C! Here is the video of the launch
www.youtube.com 

Penblwydd Hapus i S4C. I'm glad that we have a fully Welsh language service but I am somewhat concerned over the amount of influence the BBC has over it. S4C at the time was supposed to be an independent service with both ITV and BBC along with a few independent productions making its programmes. Nowadays, the BBC makes the majority of its programmes with ITV and other productions hardly having any input. It might as well be BBC Cymraeg but with advertisements.

With that said, I do hope we see more independent productions for S4C as we see more people learning Welsh (including myself) and I also hope there is an outreach from S4C into the less Welsh-speaking areas especially in the Gwent area. S4C is here to stay.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KrazyKei's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Today is also the 40th anniversary of the start of it's news programme Newyddion, so what way to celebrate then with a video of all of their intros?
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • DE88

Break bumpers following the same animation as the trailers are now playing out in a variety of colours.

twitter.com 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Underscore_

S4C Clic has been updated with a new logo and design

[Image: 0XC1tqKl.png]
[Image: VKqGDRbl.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like CillBill's post:
  • g1ngerj0sh, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, Underscore_, what

Intriguing. I really hope there's a new look for the channel coming - they do have the oldest presentation of the UK PSBs after all. Although I must say to last the best part of ten years with very few changes or examples of brand guidelines being broken is no mean feat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • Roger Darthwell