Challenge TV

Interceptor of course holding the fix for the Treasure Hunt format flaw that they ultimately couldn't solve. Apparently. Ukgameshows said "The main problem with the format [of Treasure Hunt] was that if there was only 3 minutes on the clock, and that the next location was miles away, we just knew they weren't going to make it. This was a bug that was solved in the next similar show in the genre, Interceptor. That said, Treasure Hunt got seven series, Interceptor got one. There's no justice. "

Of course a flux capacitor could have solved the flaw - the only problems being they wouldn't have been any good until Treasure Hunt's fourth series, and the other major problem being they don't actually exist. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Stuart

Didn't they get around it in part by not filming the game in real time?

Back to the Maze - and they've reverted back to the last two episodes of Series 1 to see out this weekday run before Five Gold Rings starts on Friday.

And yes, hope they can get round to showing Ed's series again - I never really minded who was host. They were both great, IMO, and the show itself still felt like appointment-to-view telly for me - although Richard was always going to be big shoes to fill.

Perhaps wisely, there's been no trails for Five Gold Rings - although I noticed it was flung out quietly in the mornings just recently. Tempted to predict it gets dropped mid-run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • SuperSajuuk

(03-04-2024, 06:15 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Didn't they get around it in part by not filming the game in real time?

Back to the Maze - and they've reverted back to the last two episodes of Series 1 to see out this weekday run before Five Gold Rings starts on Friday.

And yes, hope they can get round to showing Ed's series again - I never really minded who was host. They were both great, IMO, and the show itself still felt like appointment-to-view telly for me - although Richard was always going to be big shoes to fill.

Perhaps wisely, there's been no trails for Five Gold Rings - although I noticed it was flung out quietly in the mornings just recently. Tempted to predict it gets dropped mid-run.
It would be good to see Ed's Series of The Crystal Maze again

The First Series of 5 Gold Rings they've shown a few times before in the last 2 years including Last Christmas so not supprised to see no promos for this repeat cycle.

Also The Second Series of Blockbusters from 1984 started on Monday and the Central logo precceds the Intro.

Bridge of Lies replaces The Crystal Maze & Five Gold Rings from Monday 15th April at 6pm. Phillip Schofield's Series 1 show is only 6 episodes long so I doubt it'll be dropped mid-run. Treasure Hunt Series 1&2 was last shown on Challenge about 8-9 years ago on Sunday (and Saturday?) afternoons. It'd be great if further series were acquired. Their schedule has been much improved recently.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Juicy Joe's post:
  • lookoutwales

They are putting effort (albeit small) into the channel again. So, Sky Challenge rebrand coming soon then? 😏

(03-04-2024, 08:30 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Bridge of Lies replaces The Crystal Maze & Five Gold Rings from Monday 15th April at 6pm. Phillip Schofield's Series 1 show is only 6 episodes long so I doubt it'll be dropped mid-run. Treasure Hunt Series 1&2 was last shown on Challenge about 8-9 years ago on Sunday (and Saturday?) afternoons. It'd be great if further series were acquired. Their schedule has been much improved recently.

The first series of Five Gold Rings was pretty poor IIRC - it was reworked quite a bit for the second series which made the episodes flow much better.

TBH though for the sake of three nights they should have stuck the three Richard O'Brien Christmas Specials to round off the week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • SuperSajuuk

Watching it tonight and it was fine to be honest, but the subsequent series did work better with the teams alternating each question (also Phil going for the more casual 'Sunday night' look rather than a suit!)

I do actually think I prefer the funky little jingle whilst they check if the ring is in the right place though!

Oops, first episode of the 1993 series of Bullseye and who pops up in the Faces category... a certain Mr Harris.
Appreciate not a lot they can do as its the whole point of that category but at least Jim Bowen made a joke about him rather than bigging him up as the best thing since sliced bread...

I think you'd get away with that, as Challenge have said previously if somebody disgraced appears as an answer on a show they air, they wouldn't cut it out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • ShadowTVNetwork

I think most people will accept the show was made a long time before any of that came out anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • callumwatchestelly