Challenge TV

I you get the right camera angle that entire batch of three audience columns closest to the wall can't see a damn thing on the board. And I suppose the further along the camera goes the worse it looks.

I suspect the rotating podium stuck out far further from the studio wall than it probably looks - of course everybody used to appear from behind it in the early series,

Bloody hellfire. Is this a one-off or are they actually showing Dickinson's Real Deal letterboxed in a 16:9 frame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(14-03-2023, 05:58 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Bloody hellfire. Is this a one-off or are they actually showing Dickinson's Real Deal letterboxed in a 16:9 frame?
It’s an occasional glitch that seems to happen randomly on Challenge programmes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Larry the Loafer, Ma76

(14-03-2023, 05:58 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Bloody hellfire. Is this a one-off or are they actually showing Dickinson's Real Deal letterboxed in a 16:9 frame?
It’s happened again today!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVFan's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Seems to be quite frequent these days for channels to technically mess things up and nobody seems to notice... Eastenders and Howard's Way on Drama have been going out filmised for months which is another similar issue that doesn't seem to have been noticed.

Challenge seem to have new playout. The issue with the DOG being stretched during 4:3 programmes have now been fixed and the DOG is a bit lighter than usual. It doesn't fade in and out anymore and it's a bit further away in comparison to 16:9 programmes I've recorded from the channel prior.

I have nothing better to do so I'll be staying up during the night to see if they do any maintenance tests Idea

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'

youtu.be 
The moment the DOG changed
[-] The following 5 users Like Tola's post:
  • bilky asko, DE88, Happy2001, Ma76, SuperSajuuk

I'm pretty gutted that they've "fixed it", actually. I liked the fact you could theoretically crop the DOG out of a 4:3 show and make it look clean.
[-] The following 2 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • DE88, Ma76

(01-04-2023, 06:21 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  I'm pretty gutted that they've "fixed it", actually. I liked the fact you could theoretically crop the DOG out of a 4:3 show and make it look clean.

To be honest the DOG is the least of the problems with the channel at this time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • DE88, DeMarkay, Tola

(16-03-2023, 05:08 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Seems to be quite frequent these days for channels to technically mess things up and nobody seems to notice... Eastenders and Howard's Way on Drama have been going out filmised for months which is another similar issue that doesn't seem to have been noticed.

Suspect this is to do with the source material UKTV are working with rather than playout.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com