BBC Local Radio

David Burns' last Radio Humberside show is to be on the 1 June, according to his Twitter:

twitter.com 

A report shown on BBC Look News EY&L covering the departure of David Burns from Radio Humberside. I wonder how many of the other local DJs leaving the BBC have received such a treatment? 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Dadeki's post:
  • London Lite, TJTSW

Dadeki Wrote:A report shown on BBC Look News EY&L covering the departure of David Burns from Radio Humberside. I wonder how many of the other local DJs leaving the BBC have received such a treatment? 

www.youtube.com 
I Hope other Local radio regions cover it on the local tv news segments so there is a record of the amazing talaent of the  BBC Local Radio Presenters that we were lucky to listen to over the years, I fear many will go with out saying a word about them leaving (while others will make a thing about it)  the changes will come in and we will just have to settle down with what the BBC decide to provide its listeners

Presumably if it’s someone well known in in the local area that been on the station for 20 years +, you’d imagine it’d be covered. If it’s someone who’s only been there a couple of years less likely. Each departure story should be treated on its on merits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Rijowhi

I think the fact that there was a crowd of punters at the building made this newsworthy to assume extent.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dadeki's post:
  • AndrewP

Maybe it's just the wording, but the article implies that the letter says BBC Local Radio has a weekly listenership of 5.4m in Yorkshire - which, considering a national 15% weekly reach and the fact that is roughly the entire population of Yorkshire and the Humber, seems a tad unlikely.

The problem, though, for me on this is that ultimately, on the assumption that Local Radio should take its fair share of cuts and with the proviso that obviously all job losses are unfortunate, surely it is better in terms of PSB value to reduce the amount of overall programming (and thus some presenting and studio roles) across the Local network to save more local journalism jobs? Wouldn't fewer stations with a higher number of reporters be better than more stations with fewer reporters?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • AndrewP

Dadeki Wrote:www.bbc.co.uk 

They covered this story on Look Levy and Peter robustly interviewed a BBC manager about the cuts
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Toby brown

Fred Dinenage to host summer weekends on BBC Radio Solent

radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Dadeki's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Toby brown

Pippa Quelch has now been confirmed she is leaving BBC Radio Devon

shes been off since March so no real surprise, but hoped she would stay

shes left a message for her listeners

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TJTSW's post:
  • RhysJR