BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music are to leave Wogan House

(20-02-2024, 03:34 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The new Wave studio looks great, but is it really a good idea to have the lighting for the whole room change according to whether the mic is live?

I really like the idea, but imagine having to spend 4 hours every morning in a room that's lit with either green or red lighting Confused
I can't imagine that it's particularly good on the eyes for looking at screens, though presumably they've done a H&S risk assessment on that. By contrast the BBC Radio 2 studio still has white 'office lights', with the coloured lighting just on the walls.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice

The sign from the outside of Wogan House has been given to Terry's son...
twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, Bungo Bill, ethanjbrady, JamieMurph25, Jeff, Ma76, RhysJR, UTVLifer

I hadn't realised just how close Wogan House is to Broadcasting House, I assumed it was a few blocks away like Yalding was.

When people have discussed the likes of Scott Mills and Vanessa Feltz double shifting on Radio 2 and a BH based station in the past it's probably no further away than other parts of BH.
[-] The following 7 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, ethanjbrady, London Lite, Ma76, RhysJR, Toby brown

I know it's an odd question but does anyone know what happened to Elton John piano that was in BBC Wogan House?

Isn't it at Maida Vale? That's where the "piano room" has been from lately.