French TV

M6 was the last channel to last go through the auction process and shock horror it was renewed.

Personally despite CNEWS especially moving to a hard-right talking heads format and C8 having Cyril Hanouna being controversial, Canal will have LCN 8 renewed on the promise of some additional PSB content to keep ARCOM happy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(13-07-2024, 12:20 AM)London Lite Wrote:  M6 was the last channel to last go through the auction process and shock horror it was renewed.

Personally despite CNEWS especially moving to a hard-right talking heads format and C8 having Cyril Hanouna being controversial, Canal will have LCN 8 renewed on the promise of some additional PSB content to keep ARCOM happy.
It's a bit of farce

Yeah, for me the fact that there's a quality threshold for TNT kind of thing is good for renewal, but it's not kind of farce, especially with these controversial channels

Neither I like the restrictiveness on foreign companies owning channels on TNT
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kunst's post:
  • Medianext.MX

In preparation for the Olympic Games various IPTV services and apps have added 4K versions of France 2 and 3 after they were added to TNT's DTT platform in January.

Free, Orange, Bouygues Telecom, SFR and Molotov are the the providers offering the channels.

Molotov is also offering a HDR version of M6.

Back to Canal+, the group is to be split out from Vivendi and listed on the London Stock Exchange, while keeping its base and tax status in France. This follows Vivendi's plans of splitting the company, with its advertising arm Havas to be floated in Amsterdam and publishing business, now Louis Hachette Group, to be listed in Paris.
www.theguardian.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

So... Which part of this now splitted Vivendi gets to get the Canal+ part of the Mezzo joint venture? (I presume it keeps staying with Canal+?)