The NOW Thread

After what seems to be an eternity, NOW is now on the Google Play Store for all Android TV devices, so it's now on the Chromecast with Google TV without having to use the cast function, Nvidia Shield, various cheap boxes with Android TV OS and all Smart TV sets with Android TV.

rxtvinfo.com 

That's great, shame there's no live pause/rewind functionality but to be expected since that's only on Apple TV and their ageing Roku based device portfolio. Guess I'll stick to my (very long in the tooth) 'Smart Box with Freeview' for the time being.

Just Britbox needed now; although I presume that'll be wrapped up with ITVX rather than getting a standalone release now.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

And not forgetting that almost all Android TV devices are STILL missing All4.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

(10-11-2022, 01:20 AM)WillPS Wrote:  That's great, shame there's no live pause/rewind functionality but to be expected since that's only on Apple TV and their ageing Roku based device portfolio.

It's probably safe to assume once the Now Roku boxes all drop out of support that will go away as well (the table on Wiki suggests the rewind/pause is no longer an option on the 2015 Black box?)

(10-11-2022, 12:31 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  
(10-11-2022, 01:20 AM)WillPS Wrote:  That's great, shame there's no live pause/rewind functionality but to be expected since that's only on Apple TV and their ageing Roku based device portfolio.

It's probably safe to assume once the Now Roku boxes all drop out of support that will go away as well (the table on Wiki suggests the rewind/pause is no longer an option on the 2015 Black box?)

It's also on Apple TV, which I'd probably end up getting if it ever went that way. Feels like a needlessly big hammer to crack a fairly tiny nut but it is what it is.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

Pause/rewind is still available on modern Roku devices. My Roku Express 4K can pause and rewind in the Now app for half an hour.
[-] The following 2 users Like eladkse's post:
  • London Lite, WillPS

NOW has introduced a top bar menu on the Fire TV app, which makes it much easier to access the various sections including Entertainment, Cinema, Sports, Kids and the TV guide.

NOW is to launch in the US with 40 pay tv channels, 20 FAST channels and Peacock Premium for $20pm.

corporate.comcast.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice

(24-05-2023, 02:00 AM)London Lite Wrote:  NOW is to launch in the US with 40 pay tv channels, 20 FAST channels and Peacock Premium for $20pm.
I am very surprised that Comcast have done that when they already have a streaming service, or why they went with the NOW brand as it couldn't be offering the same as the UK service simply because of programme rights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice

They own part of Hulu as well. They're not the only one with multiple streaming services. ITV owns both ITVX and Britbox, and Warner Bros Discovery has both Max and Discovery+, though both of those pairs are in the process of merging I believe. Paramount has Paramount+, My5 (and it's Aussie counterpart 10AllAccess), and Pluto. Disney has Disney+ and is Hulu's other owner, and I assume ABC in the US, also owned by them, has it's own streaming service too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • interestednovice