Sky News

(13-04-2024, 10:51 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Did they go into rolling coverage for the events in Sydney earlier?

Yes i'm sure they did - this was during Sky News Breakfast with Anna Jones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harryb's post:
  • Toby brown

With the Iran attack on Israel Sky was again simulcast on MSNBC. It ran from 2AM (2nd hour of breakfast) - 6AM EDT.

In the past MSNBC used the stacked bug in the upper right corner - looks much better.

NBC News Now was simulcasting Sky from about the beginning of the attacks and I think ended mid morning EDT. NBC News Now used their rotating but where SkyNews.com appears. Before the red bar as it animated appeared above the ticker a bit now it looks fixed.

(13-04-2024, 10:51 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Did they go into rolling coverage for the events in Sydney earlier?

When I caught it around midday they were spending about 20 minutes talking to their correspondent in Beijing about it which seems a bit odd.

(14-04-2024, 07:00 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  When I caught it around midday they were spending about 20 minutes talking to their correspondent in Beijing about it which seems a bit odd.

Probably their most local correspondent? One in the Asia-Pacific region based in Beijing would reason for me. If only there was a channel in Australia called Sky News they could have partnered with for this story...

(14-04-2024, 07:26 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Probably their most local correspondent? One in the Asia-Pacific region based in Beijing would reason for me. If only there was a channel in Australia called Sky News they could have partnered with for this story...

In fact it was their Sydney based reporter who one suspects was covering the Beijing bureau. Unfortunate timing, but these things have a habit of happening. These morning they were using a freelance journalist in Sydney.
[-] The following 4 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • Brekkie, interestednovice, RhysJR, SB678

It's not every day you see a Sky News presenter in Jerusalem interview the Scotland correspondent in a Glasgow suburb: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 8 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Bungo Bill, interestednovice, London Lite, Michael 18, SB678, UTVLifer

Sky News with its own coverage of Israel's strikes on Iran. No simulcast so far. Middle East and US correspondents have contributed to the coverage so far but only by phone.
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

Were you expecting a MSNBC or NBC News Now simulcast? At that time rather unlikely as MSNBC is on opinion programming and I don't think NBC News Now are live that late.
[-] The following 1 user Likes excel99's post:
  • interestednovice

NBC News Now often takes SkyNews overnight in North America, as it doesnt operate 24/7. But we are now seeing more collabs on air. I kinda reminds me of how CNN and CNNi works with correspondents trading off air time for both channels and networks. It works. it just needs to be coordinated.
Here was a great interview done with NBC Chief International Correspondent Richard Engel and Dom Waghorn on Yalda's programme. It can help but bolster both operations to have two experienced reporters to use. Good move for both operations.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • UTVLifer