French TV - News Discussion

Another day of industrial action on Franceinfo. First live segment was from 11h00-13h00 with Le fil info and Midi Politique.

The loop of news is currently on air. I'd expect the next live bulletin to be at 16h with Lucie Chaumette.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(07-02-2023, 03:30 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Another day of industrial action on Franceinfo.

Rather a second week of national strikes. Here's the mess so far on the other channels (and some comparisons from last week):

[*]Télématin airing live from the cagibi (the MCR studio) with most of the regular features (last week, they had to play an emergency tape due to lack of staff, featuring segments which had aired in previous editions).
[*]France 2's 13h airing from their main studio on reduced production mode.
[*]France 3's 12/13 airing from the cagibi. 20 out of the 24 regional editions have been cancelled, replaced by France 3 satellite news (Édition Toutes Régions). Last week, only the Paris IDF region (which uses France 3 national news resources) aired their regional news.
[-] The following 2 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • London Lite, Roger Darthwell

I watched my first full edition of 20h on France 2 the other day (I've started learning French) and I must say, I was impressed. It's well-structured, it looks fantastic, and the presenter (Anne-Sophie Lapix) is very good. I'm not sure where people are coming from when they say the set is too big, though? Looks great to me. And it seems to be used quite well - something of a rarity with those sorts of sets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(10-02-2023, 11:35 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I watched my first full edition of 20h on France 2 the other day (I've started learning French) and I must say, I was impressed. It's well-structured, it looks fantastic, and the presenter (Anne-Sophie Lapix) is very good. I'm not sure where people are coming from when they say the set is too big, though? Looks great to me. And it seems to be used quite well - something of a rarity with those sorts of sets.

TéléMatin used to share the set with the news bulletins and for that style of show it was way too big, but I agree that the size for the news is perfectly fine.

I'd also check out the 13h bulletin with Julian Bugier who again has transformed the lunchtime bulletin into something watchable. (A shame since TF1 returned to Canal+ that their bulletin has regained their leading share).
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Kojak, Medianext.MX, Roger Darthwell

During M6's license audition to French regulator Arcom earlier today, their presentation video shows M6 is planning a relaunch of its daily news broadcasts for next season. The new look is largely an evolution of the existing package, but with a new virtual set.

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-02-15-15h00m07s550.md.png] [Image: vlcsnap-2023-02-15-15h00m10s213.md.png]

streamable.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • London Lite, matthieu1221, Roger Darthwell

More on the suspension of Rachid M'Barki, the BFMTV overnight presenter who is alleged to have been paid by a company spreading disinformation for adding their stories to his bulletin.

www.bbc.co.uk 
  • Medianext.MX

More tweaks to Franceinfo output today.

Marianne Theoleyre was on for Le fil info during the morning instead of Flore Maréchal in addition to Midi Politique.
Lucie Chaumette presented the whole afternoon.
No Franceinfo soir, this was replaced by Le fil info which was live from 2200-2230, then repeated in the back half hour, then 23h for 30 mins which was also looped back for the final 30 minutes.
  • Medianext.MX

(19-02-2023, 01:21 PM)London Lite Wrote:  More on the suspension of Rachid M'Barki, the BFMTV overnight presenter who is alleged to have been paid by a company spreading disinformation for adding their stories to his bulletin.

www.bbc.co.uk 

After Altice executives concluded Rachid M'Barki was linked to 'Team Jorge' and, therefore, in serious breach of their editorial standards, he has been sacked from BFM TV. He will also no longer present Faites entrer l'accusé from next season. M'Barki has sued an undisclosed third party (permissible under French law) for supposed abuse of confidence and passive corruption. 

www.theguardian.com 

www.francetvinfo.fr 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • London Lite

(25-02-2023, 11:31 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  
(19-02-2023, 01:21 PM)London Lite Wrote:  More on the suspension of Rachid M'Barki, the BFMTV overnight presenter who is alleged to have been paid by a company spreading disinformation for adding their stories to his bulletin.

www.bbc.co.uk 

After Altice executives concluded Rachid M'Barki was linked to 'Team Jorge' and, therefore, in serious breach of their editorial standards, he has been sacked from BFM TV. He will also no longer present Faites entrer l'accusé from next season. M'Barki has sued an undisclosed third party (permissible under French law) for supposed abuse of confidence and passive corruption. 

www.theguardian.com 

www.francetvinfo.fr 

The channel rather than M'Barki has sued against X (porter plainte contre X)*
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • London Lite, Medianext.MX

Is there a route back for M'Barki? Would the right-wing broadcaster CNEWS take him on considering he's happy to broadcast disinformation for cash?
  • Medianext.MX