French TV - News Discussion

Some cosmetic changes to the Franceinfo main set this morning with a short corridor blocking the view of the newsroom from the desk area. As seen, presenter Fanny Conquy now has to walk through it to reach the touch screen part of the set in the newsroom.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

(06-07-2024, 04:10 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Some cosmetic changes to the Franceinfo main set this morning with a short corridor blocking the view of the newsroom from the desk area. As seen, presenter Fanny Conquy now has to walk through it to reach the touch screen part of the set in the newsroom.

Looks like the redaction finally got their wish to not be on air! Can't quite remember where I heard it but there always were whispers that they didn't like to be on air. Hence the progressive reduction over the years that we've seen the newsroom... franceinfo in 2016 at launch was very different.

The overnight coverage is not using the Legislatives theme but the one they've been using throughout the 20h30/midnight specials throughout the campaign.
i.imgur.com 

The first little bit from 1:30am after taking over from Benjamin Duhamel was very much live, but as can be expected, the 3am hour so far has mostly been repeats of previous segments with live coverage intersped. Not much to say about the results anymore, they all came in by 1:30am or so!
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • London Lite

On TF1's Bonjour !, Daniela Prepeliuc formerly of BFMTV and RTL-TVi in Belgium is replacing Ange Noiret for the summer for the weather. She has recently covered shifts on LCI in preparation in addition to freelancing at TV5MONDE where the weather bulletins are produced in Brussels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Two big stories (and a smaller one) over at Altice.

1. Yves Threard from the Figaro will present Friday evenings. Not too sure why BFMTV feels the need for a right-wing editorialist to host the show, they can have him as a guest! Goes hand in and hand though with Eric Brunet's arrival in a similar slot Mondays to Thursday, he too is right-wing though does a decent job at being neutral enough, his current 22/00 show on LCI is a fun watch.

www.ozap.com 

2. Uproar over at BFMTV unions and wider public as it is revealed there was direct collusion between certain journalists at BFMTV and Nicholas Sarkozy's team. This is in the context of his trial in relation to the Ziad Takieddine affair (you may have heard of it, it's been back in the news with Carla Bruni now being involved). This mainly involves Marc-Olivier Fogiel, Ruth Elkrief and Bruno Jeudy.

www.mediapart.fr 

x.com 

x.com 

3. BFM Regions channels have gotten a new lower thirds with a very summer-like blue-colored news flipper.
  • London Lite

Some photos from BFMTV of the new regional look. It's very sunny-blue-sky-like! Not too sure I quite like it. Looks a bit toy-like to be honest, and will be quite jarring in winter. The clock and live bug with a blue background has grown on me though and I think that part looks quite nice.
x.com 
  • London Lite

Going back to the lack of newsroom on-air on Franceinfo. Since the changes last weekend, they're very careful not to show too much of the journalists at work when they're actually using that part of the set.

However there was one edition of the 6h JT on France 2 where the Steadicam operator filmed part of the newsroom area as they always did in the past which only showed the journalists working on Franceinfo's La Matinale.

It seems they only use that area now for the touch screen feature which is either steadicam or fixed camera or the sofa.

Personally I don't like the fact the main desk area is now boxed in like they're in a cupboard and I can't help thinking if Franceinfo just wants to do talking heads all day, then move the set to another studio and give them a LCI/BFMTV style set instead.