Central Front-cap Oddity

If only the pres department at Granada TV had the same level of creativity and did the same with their own static silent idents, as they did at YTV way back then!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheGregmeister's post:
  • Stuart

I think, to some degree, there was probably something approaching that level of creativity within both YTV and Granada's Pres and Promo departments, what with both - as per the rest of the Big Five - taking on responsibilities for networked promos, seasonal campaigns and the like (though later on, Central were arguably more concerned with their own local branding)

And ultimately, both had a fairly no-nonsense approach to continuity - though Granada injected a little more personality (through in-vision) while YTV developed a growing confidence in using computer graphics as the 80s wore on.

Another example here of the chevron being worked into Calendar's titles (for some reason, they didn't do the same trick when the Liquid Gold ident was launched)

tvark.org 

They spent so much money on liquid gold, then frontcaps were scrapped only a few months later (though as I said, they still kept putting it on shows even if it wasn't broadcast), then went away entirely after only 2 years the generic look came in. So they didn't really get their money's worth...

If I remember correctly, YTV stopped using slides into programme once Liquid gold come in, However the slides still used for YTV made shows so it would go straight into liquid gold, bar the news which would just have liquid gold.

I think Liquid Gold was still seen in the YTV region right until 1993 thanks to the YTV serving your community ident and Help Yourself, another great execution of the liquid gold ident animating into a Yorkshire landscape.