ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

(28-02-2023, 01:45 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  The live DOG is added by the production gallery, as its the same dog that is being used on STV and the ones for SNT and DOI are also the same on Virgin Media One.

Plus on SNT it is constantly flicking on and off when something is pre-recorded. 

It ruins the magic a bit for those looking out for it!

(28-02-2023, 10:38 AM)chris Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 01:45 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  The live DOG is added by the production gallery, as its the same dog that is being used on STV and the ones for SNT and DOI are also the same on Virgin Media One.

Plus on SNT it is constantly flicking on and off when something is pre-recorded. 

It ruins the magic a bit for those looking out for it!

Even worse on DOI. It makes you realise just how much isn’t live. Everything up to the first skate tends to be prerecorded, plus any performances by the pros / T&D / guests, plus the competition bit (presumably to avoid any compliance issues if anything is not said that needs to be).

My main issue with it, whenever I've seen it, is that the LIVE is sligtly off-centre from the ITV1 logo. It just needs nudging a smidge to the left.

(07-03-2023, 10:50 PM)Andrew Wrote:  ‘Non continuity’ continuity announcements is worse than those digital channels that play out the exact same announcements into their daily shows every single day

Post is from another thread but I have noticed this with ITV2. There's only so much "There's never a dull moment with this lot, it's American Dad" you can put up with before you start to lose it. Didn't they used to have bespoke announcements for each episode before the rebrand?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(08-03-2023, 02:57 PM)Josh Wrote:  
(07-03-2023, 10:50 PM)Andrew Wrote:  ‘Non continuity’ continuity announcements is worse than those digital channels that play out the exact same announcements into their daily shows every single day

Post is from another thread but I have noticed this with ITV2. There's only so much "There's never a dull moment with this lot, it's American Dad" you can put up with before you start to lose it. Didn't they used to have bespoke announcements for each episode before the rebrand?
They've been using those same announcements for Family Guy and American Dad! since about 2021.

Sounds like someone needs to commission some new generics to be recorded... an oversight

(08-03-2023, 08:03 PM)dbl Wrote:  Sounds like someone needs to commission some new generics to be recorded... an oversight

To be fair ITV3 has been using the same announcements into Classic Coronation Street since 2017, even with the rebrand. The only time they use a different one is they have to include a warning.

Nice new(-ish?) break bumper - the ITV1 logo slides across the screen to reveal a mosaic of logos (with a big 1-shaped hole in the middle). Looks good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Superman1986

(13-04-2023, 07:33 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Nice new(-ish?) break bumper - the ITV1 logo slides across the screen to reveal a mosaic of logos (with a big 1-shaped hole in the middle). Looks good.

This one - from the end of February - along with it's lighter counterpart?

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(13-04-2023, 10:11 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  
(13-04-2023, 07:33 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Nice new(-ish?) break bumper - the ITV1 logo slides across the screen to reveal a mosaic of logos (with a big 1-shaped hole in the middle). Looks good.

This one - from the end of February - along with it's lighter counterpart?

theident.gallery 
Yes, that is indeed the one, Andrew. Though it was the lighter counterpart I saw (at some point during or after the 6.30 news).