ITV's HD Rollout

(26-11-2023, 02:43 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  And it's available in HD on ITVX.

I think it wasn’t HD back in the ITV Hub days, so probably the HD feed launch was when ITVX itself launched?

(26-11-2023, 05:55 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I think it wasn’t HD back in the ITV Hub days, so probably the HD feed launch was when ITVX itself launched?

none of the channels were ever officially HD on the ITV Hub, they did however go HD around this time last year before ITVX officially launched as the ITV Hub apps were beginning to morph into ITVX.
[-] The following 2 users Like cable's post:
  • interestednovice, London Lite

(26-11-2023, 02:43 PM)Nick Harvey Wrote:  Thank you.

I think it should be active it’s visible on the playlist 20720 11053h 23000
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • interestednovice

(04-12-2023, 09:06 PM)harshy Wrote:  I think it should be active it’s visible on the playlist 20720 11053h 23000
Yes, I'm watching it on 20720.

It's been confirmed today that official go-live date, on Sky and Freesat, is Tuesday 12th December.

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nick Harvey's post:
  • interestednovice

(05-12-2023, 12:18 AM)Nick Harvey Wrote:  Yes, I'm watching it on 20720.

It's been confirmed today that official go-live date, on Sky and Freesat, is Tuesday 12th December.

The channels launched today as planned
[-] The following 2 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

I have to say, I wouldn’t have predicted at ITV Be’s launch that it would take almost exactly a decade for the service to appear in HD via Sky (satellite)!

I wouldn't have predicted ITVBe would still be around after a decade.

Really, aren’t reality shows some of ITV’s highest-rated across the whole network?

I suppose if the death of the multichannel era, to be replaced with something more akin to “buckets” of on demand content, does truly come to pass, then it could end up folded back into ITV 2. I don’t see any sign of that in the short term though, I think the current situation is working well for them.

A rather odd situation as at lunchtime today.

All the information for the closing ITV channels is showing "programmes no longer available", yet the programmes are still available.

ITV obviously not as quick off the mark as the BBC at changing things over.

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nick Harvey's post:
  • interestednovice