Bloomberg

Bloomberg have announced a new schedule today.
www.bloombergmedia.com 

In between all the PR, it seems three hours a day are being cut:
-Bloomberg Markets: European Close
-The 1400ET hour of Bloomberg Markets: The Close
-One of the Asian hours
Being replaced by two hours of Bloomberg Radio simulcasts plus Bloomberg's US Politics show starting to air globally
[-] The following 1 user Likes excel99's post:
  • interestednovice

Losing European Close is quite poor, they really ought to have kept that in my view.

Every news channel seems to be going US-centric at the moment!

With the changes, Surveillance is being separated into TV- and radio-specific versions: Tom Keene will remain in front of the radio version, whilst the TV version will be presented by Annmarie Hordern (as announced previously in November).

www.bloombergmedia.com 

With the launch of the new TV version, Bloomberg is gaining a new studio from Clickspring Design to house the new TV programme:

www.newscaststudio.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • interestednovice, Michael 18

New shots of the set and Surveillance has its own lower thirds style now.
i.imgur.com 
Web Image

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

more
imgur.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:
  • interestednovice, matthieu1221

Interestingly the 'old' Bloomberg Surveillance TV team - i.e. with Tom Keene - are back on air for the Fed Rate Decision (in the new studio/with the new graphics). I guess that's down to the status of Tom Keene, but still unusual to reunite an old team just one and a half weeks after relaunching with a new team

The plan was always for TK to be part of the TV Fed Rate Decision

I just watched some of the Fed decision on YouTube and it's fairly clearly positioned as a TV/Radio simulcast - although, yes, it's quite soon after the launch of the new TV version of Surveillance to be doing that.

It's a shame that European Close has gone, especially as CNBC dropped their equivalent years ago so it was the only programme of its type on the business channels (although there's still Business Live at 4.30 on Sky News).

Bloomberg's European presentation is certainly unique, with everyone sitting behind lecterns. Unusual, but I don't think it looks bad overall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mark's post:
  • interestednovice