BBC News Pres: Nostalgia

(29-03-2023, 11:38 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Anyone know which studio this was?
That's the second set in N9. Also the second of the four title sequences that edition of World News Today went through in its first two years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • Newsroom

youtu.be 

That headline bed! Just wow every time I hear it!

Needs to go my treadmill playlist. Sooo good.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Ant, Rolling News

(29-03-2023, 11:55 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  

youtu.be 

That headline bed! Just wow every time I hear it!

Totally agree. George’s delivery also makes it even better.

(29-03-2023, 11:57 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 11:55 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  That headline bed! Just wow every time I hear it!

Totally agree. George’s delivery also makes it even better.
I still love those 2007-2008 clam titles. I still think they look good today. Always felt a massive step down the 2008 white titles. North west tonight  had a great regional titles based on these with the “data streams”. 

Talking the clam shells and with the local elections coming up, did I imagine this or did the 2003(?) titles add the vote logo in them during the build up to the election. I seemed to remember it appear in the “explosion”’part after red rings.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • CF1

(30-03-2023, 12:29 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 11:57 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Totally agree. George’s delivery also makes it even better.
I still love those 2007-2008 clam titles. I still think they look good today. Always felt a massive step down the 2008 white titles. North west tonight  had a great regional titles based on these with the “data streams”. 

Talking the clam shells and with the local elections coming up, did I imagine this or did the 2003(?) titles add the vote logo in them during the build up to the election. I seemed to remember it appear in the “explosion”’part after red rings.

Yes, they did that for the 2005 election build up.

(30-03-2023, 12:29 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 11:57 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Totally agree. George’s delivery also makes it even better.

I am in agreement with you on the BBC North West Today / Tonight titles in 2007/08. Fantastic set of short lived titles that were produced to a high standard of quality. For me it had a good template that could have easily been duplicated to other regions. Also with the locations scrolling along the bottom and - as you put it - data streams being featured travelling the region. It had tons going for it.

One slight minor detractor with these titles was the whole "Live News / Local News / Your News" tagline thing at the bottom. But as I see it now looking back from 2023. It was of the era when taglines for news programmes were en vogue.

As I type thing and consider what to add. I wonder if with the locations used. Manchester, Laxey, Blackpool, Liverpool & Buxton would have been rotated with other towns and cities in the region if the titles had gone the distance.

(29-03-2023, 11:50 PM)DTV Wrote:  
That's the second set in N9. Also the second of the four title sequences that edition of World News Today went through in its first two years.

And for illustrative purposes, here is the set from three years before (with a slightly different desk) - the WNT set was where the flash of green is in the background:

[Image: N9WN.jpg]

[Image: TheWorld.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • Frances, Kojak, Stuart

(31-03-2023, 05:57 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 11:50 PM)DTV Wrote:  That's the second set in N9. Also the second of the four title sequences that edition of World News Today went through in its first two years.
And for illustrative purposes, here is the set from three years before (with a slightly different desk) - the WNT set was where the flash of green is in the background:
I believe they also reconfigured the second set a little by the WNT-era. When that second set was first put in, it had three rear-projection screens. Some time after they took the Sport Today set out in 2005, they added a fourth front-projection screen (that was virtually against the wall) to make the set a bit bigger and allow for more flexible shots.

Whenever you see behind-the-scenes pictures of that studio, it is just incredible the amount they managed to fit in there - absolutely tiny space that managed to make N8 look expansive. Always a bit surprising to be reminded of how stark the difference is between the facilities they had then and now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • Stuart

(31-03-2023, 07:15 PM)DTV Wrote:  I believe they also reconfigured the second set a little by the WNT-era. When that second set was first put in, it had three rear-projection screens. Some time after they took the Sport Today set out in 2005, they added a fourth front-projection screen (that was virtually against the wall) to make the set a bit bigger and allow for more flexible shots.

Whenever you see behind-the-scenes pictures of that studio, it is just incredible the amount they managed to fit in there - absolutely tiny space that managed to make N8 look expansive. Always a bit surprising to be reminded of how stark the difference is between the facilities they had then and now.
N9 was reconfigured again when World moved into N8. It was used for elections and other specials.

Here is a link to a nice 360 degree picture on flickr by Nick Garrod at the time TVC was closing in 2013.
Studio N9

WARNING: Don't click next, otherwise you'll get lost down a rabbit warren of 100s of other great pictures as I did for an hour this morning. Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • negredo, Steve in Pudsey, The Decimator

Still looking for day one of the cream and China set era of bbc world news in the early 2000s I am surprised a recording hasn’t come through they must be someone out there who made a recording.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • TVHead