Neighbours is coming back!

Neighbours is to return on Freevee in the UK and US, and will return to Channel 10 in Australia.

twitter.com 

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
[-] The following 5 users Like Rob Francis's post:
  • AJB39, CF1, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, Si-Co

Quite a few people (in the UK at least) will now be finding out what Freevee actually is.

It's a great idea for Freevee as it'll get them some publicity and I expect the money isn't a huge issue because the video stuff is all a bit of a side project for Amazon. I take it there's no Freevee in Australia, New Zealand or Canada hence why it'll end up on Prime Video there...

But I cannot help but feel the timing is all a little strange. They had the big send off over the summer and it's not exactly been given that long to stew and warrant a big 'come back'.

Also interesting use of 'new series' - will it be limited episodes instead of an ongoing 4/5 times a week thing, or is that just the way they're wording it to ensure people know it's new episodes?

(17-11-2022, 11:31 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  It's a great idea for Freevee as it'll get them some publicity and I expect the money isn't a huge issue because the video stuff is all a bit of a side project for Amazon. I take it there's no Freevee in Australia, New Zealand or Canada hence why it'll end up on Prime Video there...

But I cannot help but feel the timing is all a little strange. They had the big send off over the summer and it's not exactly been given that long to stew and warrant a big 'come back'.

Also interesting use of 'new series' - will it be limited episodes instead of an ongoing 4/5 times a week thing, or is that just the way they're wording it to ensure people know it's new episodes?

It’s will be on Channel 10 itself in Australia.

(17-11-2022, 11:47 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(17-11-2022, 11:31 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  It's a great idea for Freevee as it'll get them some publicity and I expect the money isn't a huge issue because the video stuff is all a bit of a side project for Amazon. I take it there's no Freevee in Australia, New Zealand or Canada hence why it'll end up on Prime Video there...

It’s will be on Channel 10 itself in Australia.

I know that but the streaming rights see Amazon putting it (in some form, at some point) on Prime Video - was the point I was trying to make.

Suspect the wider lack of presence of Freevee may be because of licencing agreements for Prime in various regions; IMDb TV (as it was) took three years to come out of America ti the UK and another two years to enter Germany after that so it may well be they can't launch it more widely at this time.

Crazy really to let the production lapse, and the series effectively end if there was a deal to be done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • AJB39

This is the best news we've heard all year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCMeridian's post:
  • DJ Dave

All the interior sets were stripped out right?

Neighbours moving to Freevee confirms to me that streaming is the future for soaps as linear audiences decline for the UK soaps.