Britain’s Got Talent 2023

David Walliams has quit Britain’s Got Talent after a leaked chat.

Who would be a good replacement?

www.mirror.co.uk 

Ashley Banjo’s probably quite high up in the reckoning.

However they need to get the panel dynamic right, and whilst he was a great stand in for Simon I can’t help but think that they’d need someone a bit more comedic filling in for Walliams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVViewer256's post:
  • GMc

John bishop keeps coming to my mind or Alex horne

Do they though? The original panel was Simon, Amanda, and Piers Morgan. No comedian there, it was a music producer, an actress, and a journalist. When Piers left he was replaced by David Hasselhoff and Michael McIntyre (another actor and a comedian), and when they left after only one series Alesha and David (a singer and comedian) joined the show. Since that original line-up didn't have a comedian, David's replacement doesn't have to be one, and I can definitely see it being dancer and ex-contestant Ashley Banjo.

Looks like ITV are denying the reports from the Sun and Mirror newspapers.
www.bbc.co.uk 

I don’t think TVViewer is claiming it’s a legal requirement for them have to a comedian on the panel, just that it’s a balance that’s worked well for the last decade. If that go down that route they might look to one of the two comedians from this years I’m A Celeb.

(25-11-2022, 11:25 AM)Jon Wrote:  I don’t think TVViewer is claiming it’s a legal requirement for them have to a comedian on the panel, just that it’s a balance that’s worked well for the last decade. If that go down that route they might look to one of the two comedians from this years I’m A Celeb.

Babatunde is quite a good idea actually.

(25-11-2022, 11:25 AM)Jon Wrote:  I don’t think TVViewer is claiming it’s a legal requirement for them have to a comedian on the panel, just that it’s a balance that’s worked well for the last decade. If that go down that route they might look to one of the two comedians from this years I’m A Celeb.
Spot on. Also I'd say it doesn't necessarily have to be a comedian, just a well-balanced panel. Piers obviously had (and has) a very unique personality which balanced out well with the rest.

Banjo was a fantastic substitute for Simon and may well work but I'm not sure if that 'golden' balance would be achieved. Good idea with the I'm A Celeb comedians, Stephen Mulhern also came to mind but I doubt that'll happen.

I’d love to see Katherine Ryan on a show like this. Jimmy Carr would be entertaining (he’s great on I Can See Your Voice) but I think there’d be a risk of it becoming the Jimmy Carr show.

I'd be interested in seeing Paul O'Grady do it, he did the original pilot many moons ago so wouldn't be a total novice, although the pilot is very different to what BGT has become.

Another suggestion I think might be good for the audience would be Bradley Walsh, although there's a danger of overkill with using him on another major ITV show.

I think the panel needs someone who's 'done it', if you know what I mean. Someone that's had success with their own gig and both of these would fit that role. There aren't many 'old-school' type entertainers/presenters around these days though.

[Image: sig.jpg]

(25-11-2022, 07:05 PM)TheRealWB Wrote:  I'd be interested in seeing Paul O'Grady do it, he did the original pilot many moons ago so wouldn't be a total novice, although the pilot is very different to what BGT has become.

Another suggestion I think might be good for the audience would be Bradley Walsh, although there's a danger of overkill with using him on another major ITV show.

I think the panel needs someone who's 'done it', if you know what I mean. Someone that's had success with their own gig and both of these would fit that role. There aren't many 'old-school' type entertainers/presenters around these days though.
O'Grady did the pilot as a presenter didn't he?

I was thinking Bradley Walsh too, I think he'd be a good fit (not to mention that he's a talented singer and actor so would actually have some knowledge of at least some of what he's judging).