Jane McDonald - British Soap Awards Host

(01-06-2023, 04:07 PM)all new phil Wrote:  My ears certainly pricked up when I heard on the radio “ITV have announced Jane McDonald will be replacing Phillip Schofield…”

That said - she’d be amazing on This Morning.

If she did, she'd probably end up singing the theme tune and end every show with a song much like her travel shows!
[-] The following 1 user Likes sjames's post:
  • UTVLifer

Is it usual for the press to leak the results before the show has actually aired?

BBC News have announced them!

(04-06-2023, 02:03 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Is it usual for the press to leak the results before the show has actually aired?

BBC News have announced them!

No embargo this year. Which is why the Eastenders twitter account were tweeting about their wins.

They've never been embargoed AFAIK.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Happy2001

They should either show it live or have an embargo. What's the point in watching if you already know who won?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • DeMarkay

It's the way I used to feel about the Brit awards when it was filmed the day before it was shown, the winners (as well as various controversial moments) were all over the news the following morning and it almost felt like there was no point watching it.

(01-06-2023, 11:58 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  A suitable choice for the target audience.  By the way they air on Tuesday at 8pm, although with no BGT on Saturday they probably could have aired live as they had begun doing for a couple of years before covid.

It didn't air live in 2017 - it was going to, but then the Manchester Arena attack happened, which led to the organisation of the One Love concert 2 weeks later on 4th June.

BBC1 carried the concert for television.

The day of the One Love concert though coincided with the final of Britain's Got Talent. Simon Cowell, realising the attention was going to be on the concert and that BGT would play to a tiny audience, arranged to have the final moved to Saturday where the Soap Awards were due to air live. (ITV instead broadcast Helen Mirren film The Queen against the One Love concert).

The 2017 Soap Awards were pre-recorded as a result and went out one Tuesday night instead, replacing a Midsomer Murders repeat. (In Ireland, the 2017 Soap Awards replaced a screening of the Jet Li film War).
[-] The following 3 users Like AndyB2008's post:
  • agentsquash, Happy2001, iloveTV1

Jane has done well hosting tonight, I think they will be booking her for next year

There was a nice tribute to Paul O’Grady in the ‘in memorium’ section, because he was a previous host of the soap awards
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • UTVLifer

Could argue he's a soap actor too, having appeared in both The Bill and Brookside.