Britain’s Got Talent 2023

If the rumours are true, I'd like to see Stephen Mulhern do it. He's experienced with the show and a familiar face to viewers and is very much a similar personality to David.

(25-11-2022, 07:26 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  If the rumours are true, I'd like to see Stephen Mulhern do it. He's experienced with the show and a familiar face to viewers and is very much a similar personality to David.

I think Mulhern's too young for the role of judge. He'd be a perfect host, but I think someone with a bit of stature and a long career behind them would be best.

[Image: sig.jpg]

(25-11-2022, 08:29 PM)TheRealWB Wrote:  
(25-11-2022, 07:26 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  If the rumours are true, I'd like to see Stephen Mulhern do it. He's experienced with the show and a familiar face to viewers and is very much a similar personality to David.

I think Mulhern's too young for the role of judge. He'd be a perfect host, but I think someone with a bit of stature and a long career behind them would be best.
He’s 45 and has been working in TV for over 20 years.

Yeah, he was on CITV in the late 90s. Ever heard of a show called The Quick Trick Show? He showcased his magic tricks on that, and it started in 1999.

(25-11-2022, 08:29 PM)TheRealWB Wrote:  

Alesha's 44, Stephen's 45
[-] The following 5 users Like NinjaBoi's post:
  • Ash101, AxG, DE88, JAS84, Larry the Loafer

With regards to David Walliams, whilst it's evident someone wants him out by leaking the transcript he's ultimately only got himself to blame.

Like many people before him he forgot that he was on a set, wearing a mic (or one on his desk), with cameras present which are at least on and potentially recording. Whilst you may think your 'off-air' having a private conversation amongst 'friends' until your off set and no longer wearing a mic you're best to assume you're live. (Seem to recall Sky Sports pundits being amongst the many to make this fundamental mistake.)

With regards to any replacement Babatunde Aleshe wouldn't be a bad shout. Glancing at IMDB it looks like he has some acting experience as well as comedy. As well as the I'm a Celeb making him known to a wider audience it would be nice if they avoided usual ITV faces.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

I think someone to bring a few laughs to the panel is needed. Alan Carr would be good, or even Walliams old sidekick Matt Lucas?

David Walliams was making several jokes about the "BGT panel" and "my Simon" during his voiceover on tonight's 'It'll be Alright on the Night' - I suppose it was either recorded months ago, or Walliams isn't actually leaving BGT. I thought it would have at least been edited.

(02-12-2022, 11:20 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  David Walliams was making several jokes about the "BGT panel" and "my Simon" during his voiceover on tonight's 'It'll be Alright on the Night' - I suppose it was either recorded months ago, or Walliams isn't actually leaving BGT. I thought it would have at least been edited.

The whole "my Simon" thing has been a running joke since Walliams first started on BGT, which makes the whole "bromance" thing relatively memorable (well its either that or the time he stood on the desk and dropped his trousers in front of Cowell, so you can make your own mind up) to the point where it spills over into other work.

Anyway just because you get dropped from something doesn't mean your work on it can't appear somewhere else.

Ultimately, the BGT panel is in need of a refresh- I’m generally an ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’ kind of person but the panel has been tired the last few years- for its first 3 years or so it was easily one of the best judging panels on television, but it’s absolutely time to change things up a bit- I feel there’s been more attention-seeking antics from the panel the last couple of series than there was in their first few.

I feel losing BGMT hurt BGT’s main show- made it feel less eventful without the post-show lookback (you only have to look at the ratings since)- I’m glad Stephen is back for the Christmas special but don’t think they should have dropped him or BGMT in the first place really- in some ways the spin-off was better than the main show. I think BGT’s days are limited- the talent in more recent series has been very underwhelming, and again, with somewhat lacklustre talent, it makes the show feel less eventful- it all feels very holiday camp now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • GMc, NI92