Sky Platform News

(09-02-2024, 10:32 PM)London Lite Wrote:  STV channels aren't on Stream in the 8000s though. It's only ITV owned regions.

I had no idea about those channels in the 8000s so I've had a look around, 8050 onwards seems to have lots of the Republic of Ireland advertising versions of channels and the various Channel 4 regions... and STV, which is hiding away on 8076-8079.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • London Lite, Stuart

(09-02-2024, 11:06 PM)Transmission Wrote:  I had no idea about those channels in the 8000s so I've had a look around, 8050 onwards seems to have lots of the Republic of Ireland advertising versions of channels and the various Channel 4 regions... and STV, which is hiding away on 8076-8079.

Thanks for that! There's a treasure trove of hidden channels, Like ITV1 STV have decided to label their channels as STV HD which makes it harder to decipher the sub-regions unless you're watching the regional news bulletins. The two STV North sub-regions should be easier as one of them is a sub-opt for Dundee and Perth during the STV News at Six while STV Central has two advertising sub-opts, but one news bulletin.

Sky's hidden channels continue past 8080 with Irish versions of the sports channels.

Even more remarkably on 8057 there’s Challenge HD, however it’s the Irish feed, but the UK feed of Challenge on 159 isn’t HD, although it’s still better quality than on DTT or DSat. I do note there are some of Discovery’s channels such as TLC are hidden also, but they are in SD, I can only guess for Irish advertising.
[-] The following 3 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • interestednovice, London Lite, Transmission

(10-02-2024, 11:00 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Even more remarkably on 8057 there’s Challenge HD, however it’s the Irish feed, but the UK feed of Challenge on 159 isn’t HD, although it’s still better quality than on DTT or DSat. I do note there are some of Discovery’s channels such as TLC are hidden also, but they are in SD, I can only guess for Irish advertising.

The cloud recordings from Challenge are already from the ROI HD stream.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice

RTÉ One HD is now available via Other Channels for Sky subscribers in Northern Ireland.

TG4 SD was also switched off today on the Sky EPG in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

TG4 is now available in HD only on Sky in both jurisdictions.

TG4 HD is on 104 in the Republic of Ireland and 163 in Northern Ireland.
[-] The following 3 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • Jimbo2022, London Lite, MLehon

RTÉ One HD will launch on 161 on Sky in Northern Ireland from tomorrow. RTÉ One SD will be smart swapped to 835.
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • IronRoad, London Lite

And it has finally appeared, after many years of not having RTÉ ONE in HD but having RTÉ 2 HD. Sky said to bring it up with RTÉ, RTÉ said to bring it up with Sky, so I don't know who finally found some common sense but at least it has prevailed!

The SD versions of Virgin Media One & Virgin Media Two were switched off for Sky Ireland subscribers earlier today. Both stations are now HD only on the Sky Ireland EPG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • London Lite

(12-04-2024, 09:16 AM)rick Wrote:  And it has finally appeared, after many years of not having RTÉ ONE in HD but having RTÉ 2 HD. Sky said to bring it up with RTÉ, RTÉ said to bring it up with Sky, so I don't know who finally found some common sense but at least it has prevailed!

I think it’s down to RTÉ wanting to streamline services onto either HD only or SD only - most likely to save a little more money. It’s been the weirdest anomaly on the platform and glad it’s been corrected for NI viewers.

Now, to get RTÉ News Now, TG4 and Oireachtas TV added to UK viewing cards 😉
[-] The following 2 users Like IronRoad's post:
  • bkman1990, Stuart

Entertainment OS 1.2 has been released for Sky Stream and Glass.

This includes a new low latency feature which is first being rolled out on Sky Sports Main Event.

www.techradar.com