BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music are to leave Wogan House

www.facebook.com 

Does anybody know why Scott Mills' show comes from the Radio 1 studio? It's been going on for some time, I originally thought it might be because of the move to NBH from WH.

Also, do Radio 1 have two studios like that did at Yalding or just the one?

(17-04-2024, 08:15 PM)mixchris Wrote:  www.facebook.com 

Does anybody know why Scott Mills' show comes from the Radio 1 studio? It's been going on for some time, I originally thought it might be because of the move to NBH from WH.

I think the studios have been deliberately made flexible so they could easily be used by any of R1, 1xtra, Asian network, Radio 2 or 6 Music.

A, B, C, D, E, F are the original studios for 1, 1xtra and Asian Network
G, H were for Newsbeat - one of these is now for Radio 2 news during weekday breakfast and the occasional travel bulletin (e.g. when Sara presents from Salford)
J appears to be a visual studio

K, L, M, N are the new studios for Radio 2 and 6 Music - though presumably nothing at a technical level prevents 1, 1x or AN using them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Toby brown

(17-04-2024, 08:15 PM)mixchris Wrote:  www.facebook.com 

Isn't that the studio that was renamed 82Mills in his honour when he left Radio 1?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • UTVLifer

(17-04-2024, 01:19 AM)CATV Wrote:  Radio 1 new music show comes from a new studio set up at Maida Vale. I guess this is where equipment from Wogan house went? Made it look like Radio 2 new studio.

Just to correct and update it looks like Jack's show (Radio 1 New Music Show) comes from 82N. I think the live gigs were at Maida Vale that's why I got confused. Still interesting he not coming from the Radio 1 studios. Wonder if they are going to update them to look like Radio 2 and 6 Music studios? They do look like they need some TLC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CATV's post:
  • UTVLifer