New ITN Branding

Am I the only one who thinks it harks back to the original ITN logo?

[-] The following 5 users Like Spencer's post:
  • DeMarkay, Rijowhi, Roger Darthwell, stusoldvideo, watchingtv

(03-12-2022, 08:52 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks it harks back to the original ITN logo?

Absolutely not. That was also my first thought on seeing it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • London Lite, Spencer

(03-12-2022, 09:18 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(03-12-2022, 08:52 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks it harks back to the original ITN logo?

Absolutely not. That was also my first thought on seeing it.

Yes, but one of my friends in school said initially that he thought it harks back to that logo as well. Honestly, I do see that, but I believe the main callback to the past is the use of a line around the wordmark (linked letters) and the bold letters.

"Please stand by for further details, as we return you now to your regularly scheduled program. Hopefully."

(30-11-2022, 10:39 AM)thomalex Wrote:  Would be nice to see it in use again on screen. The ITV News brand lacks the authority ITN used to have.
It never stopped being used on screen. It's only on ITV that it doesn't appear, but they're not the only channel whose news is produced by ITN.

(30-11-2022, 03:28 PM)Michael Power Wrote:  Definitely looks like change for the sake of change, in my opinion, no matter how much the press release wants to justify it. They should have kept the old logo.

ITN’s new logo does remind me of the screen that shows up during the process of erasing Android devices…
[Image: xq7m4Bp.png]
That Android animation also comes up when updating the OS.
[-] The following 3 users Like JAS84's post:
  • chrisherald, Happy2001, Roger Darthwell