Corrie

No thread so I thought I would make one, Granada Reports said they are behind the scenes of the new part of the Corrie set tomorrow night.

This will be the Precinct they mentioned a few months back

(30-11-2022, 08:30 PM)DJ Dave Wrote:  No thread so I thought I would make one, Granada Reports said they are behind the scenes of the new part of the Corrie set tomorrow night.
This must be the World's smallest 'shopping precinct'

[Image: Precinct-1a.jpg]

[Image: Precinct-2a.jpg]
Source: ITVX News website

That is an absolute eyesore and a waste of money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • Stuart

In Classic Corrie on ITV3, we've now reached December 2001.  The previously yellow 'smokey credits' have been replaced by a purple version to match the dreadful new GMG Production End Cap.  The programme still hasn't gone to widescreen format, that's another few months away.

[Image: Corrie-GMG-Endboard-2001.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • DE88, The Decimator

The 16:9 switch to Classic Corrie is closer than you think, as we’re on Christmas 2001 currently, the switch was early to mid January 2002. It could possibly be on ITV3 this side of Christmas depending on scheduling.
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • DE88, Stuart

The first 16:9 edition was the 7th January 2002- that's scheduled to be shown on ITV3 on December 13th.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • DE88, Stuart

Also, seems a bit strange they went to the effort of making that change to the credits when it was only in use for 3 weeks anyway. Emmerdale, as we saw on ITV3 a few months ago, held off on changing the colours and introducing the purple endcap until the switch to 16:9.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • DE88

Got to love those tiny shops in the new precinct set.

Sweety Nuff (Ice Cream Parlour)
Bargainza (Pawn Shop)
Peking Order (Chinese Takeaway)

And the worlds tiniest Pound Shop ever

You can see them all here

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk 

Is there a local by-law in Weatherfield that all shops must have a pun in the title?