Corrie

(11-03-2023, 04:57 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  I wonder how far ITV3 and Drama will go with the classic soaps? Both are currently in 2002 and are well past their prime imo, I think I started losing interest in them around 2003 and probably will again. I can't say I have much nostalgic interest in Corrie post Richard HIllman. For me that was the last great, iconic Soap storyline.
I think I carried on with irregular viewing shortly afterwards, then gave up about 10 years ago with the "play the white man" debacle which descended into a virtue signalling farce.  I only became a semi-regular downloader on catch-up during lockdown.

I gave up on Emmerdale earlier when they had that teenager who also turned into a serial killer driving his family off the road, the fact that the only acting skill of the guy who played Aaron Dingle was just limited to crying, then a Barton daughter disappeared and turned up as a bloke.

I felt as though I'd drifted into 'Wonderland', so I clicked my heels remote and turned off. Confused

I'd still personally like Emmerdale Farm to be shown from the start from 1972. Similar for pre-mid 80s Corrie. Not that it's likely to happen (possibly the STV decision with Brookside could have them put them on ITVX though).

Daisy & Daniel's wedding must be the first event in years not to be taking place in Debbie's hotel...

The acid attack and its aftermath was really harrowing.

Unexpected outcome as wel, they kept that quiet.

Yes, they very much made it sound like Daisy was the victim, though in hindsight it was all a bit vague. Really pushing the boundary of what they could show pre-watershed, I reckon.

(27-03-2023, 11:16 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Really pushing the boundary of what they could show pre-watershed, I reckon.
I concur, that was all quite horrific for an early evening linear broadcast, more so because of the emotions displayed rather than anything visually gory regarding the actual attack and after effects.

However, you can download or stream at any time of day, so perhaps they regard the watershed as something of an irrelevance these days. There were verbal warnings at every junction during the programme.

From what I saw they needed it but it can somewhat ruin the story playing out on screen - and I suspect the ITVX airing doesn't have such warnings throughout.

(28-03-2023, 09:28 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  From what I saw they needed it but it can somewhat ruin the story playing out on screen - and I suspect the ITVX airing doesn't have such warnings throughout.
Correctly set-up parental controls on ITVX will prevent any inappropriately aged viewers coming across it by mistake. I thought the acting by the two main protagonists in that episode was excellent.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

A Corrie / Emmerdale crossover, just for April Fools 

twitter.com