FOX Owned Streamer - Tubi Expands to the UK

Prepare to fall into the streaming rabbit hole known as Tubi. Its just got a new idents and logo from a London based branding company. Tubi supposedly has the largest library of any streamer. It will interesting to see how big that is when its expands to the UK
variety.com 
Web Image

variety.com 

Apparently Tubi was meant to come to the UK years ago but was stopped (it says here) by European GDPR regulations, though since they want to launch in the UK again, wonder if Brexit might have helped in regards to that law?

Might be interesting to see what happens with sport, as apparently Tubi in the US had some sports rights through the connection with Fox Sports. Though I doubt that will happen over here, unless they can get hands on some lower profile sport?

Tubi has the issue that they're going to be years behind Freevee and Pluto although with the former rumoured to closing or at least being folded into Prime and the latter being merged with My5, perhaps they can get a foot in the door.

Well that is true for Tubi in the US being ears behind Pluto but the quickly moved past it and quickly gained a large audience share. I was in the UK over the Xmas holidays and noticed how....skimpy the PlutoTv offering where. Its extremely robust in the US. So it Tubi and come into the marketplace with a large catalogue who know. But FAST streaming isnt as popular in the UK as it is in the US. But I wonder if one of the reasons FAST streaming is popular in the US is down the ridiculously expense cost of paytv in the US. Its a fraction in the UK. My friends pay virtually nothing. Whereas, Internet and PayTv 3-or even 4 times as much in the US. Hmmm I wonder.

(28-02-2024, 03:25 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Prepare to fall into the streaming rabbit hole known as Tubi. Its just got a new idents and logo from a London based branding company. Tubi supposedly has the largest library of any streamer. It will interesting to see how big that is when its expands to the UK
variety.com 

variety.com 

I could tell that was a DixonBaxi design before I clicked the link.

Does the word 'tubby' have the same meaning in the US as it does in the UK? It's not really one I'd have chosen for a streaming service.

Its not pronounced "tubby" (Yeah same meaning in North America).... Tubi is pronounced "too-bee". LOL Smile

(28-02-2024, 03:52 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Apparently Tubi was meant to come to the UK years ago but was stopped (it says here) by European GDPR regulations, though since they want to launch in the UK again, wonder if Brexit might have helped in regards to that law?

Well not exactly stopped, they chose not to abide by the regulations. AFAIK the law’s barely changed so can’t imagine it’s down to that.

Hard to know if there’s much quality content left on the shelf that hasn’t been bought up by other services.

(29-02-2024, 12:55 AM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Its not pronounced "tubby" (Yeah same meaning in North America).... Tubi is pronounced "too-bee". LOL Smile
Yeah, probably named for tube, as in the nickname for a television set?