Commonwealth Games 2022

Thread discussing Commonwealth Games programme presentation.

Posted this on TV Live Forum yesterday but posting here too just incase anyone from the BBC is here because it really could do with being changed! 

[Image: nQEWyNl.png]

(31-07-2022, 12:04 PM)brioalex Wrote:  Posted this on TV Live Forum yesterday but posting here too just incase anyone from the BBC is here because it really could do with being changed! 

[Image: nQEWyNl.png]

Certainly a bit of an oversight

I presume the BBC studio is virtual, or parts of it are. So how do they manage with so much of it being green!!?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(31-07-2022, 12:04 PM)brioalex Wrote:  Posted this on TV Live Forum yesterday but posting here too just incase anyone from the BBC is here because it really could do with being changed!
[snip]
Should be fixed tomorrow for you Smile

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(31-07-2022, 09:20 PM)Josh Wrote:  
[snip]
Should be fixed tomorrow for you Smile

Nice one! Can’t have a home games referred to as the previous games Wink

(31-07-2022, 08:33 PM)Moz Wrote:  I presume the BBC studio is virtual, or parts of it are. So how do they manage with so much of it being green!!?

I think only the part behind the cameras is virtual. Most of the sofa area is real. I’ve got to hand it to them, the transition between the real and virtual sections is very seamless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes brioalex's post:
  • Newsroom

The ceiling is also virtual. I think only the window, the green surrounds and desk and floor under it are real. No need to use greenscreen because no one is standing in front of the virtual bits.

I haven't caught much of the coverage yet, but the main studio looks good from what I've seen. It's nice for them to be able to be properly among the action this time after the last few Olympics where they have had to present it remotely. 

Although I notice that the BBC's programme page for commonwealth games (www.bbc.co.uk ) still has a Gold Coast background from 2018.

It's been nice to see Clare Balding presenting live action again this year, after being on highlights show duty for Olympics/Commonwealths in the last few years

JJ and Isha have been a really good combo for Tonight at the Games from what I've seen so far over the last few days

The BBC sport yellow>event colour gradient is growing on me, but it needs to be more consistent.

Ive seen yellow>yellow for Commonwealth Games when it should be yellow>cyan

I don’t think yellow>yellow should ever be used, even as a default. I think yellow>white would be preferable.

I also hate the black IPLAYER buttons. Should just be using the icon.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • thePineapple