Commonwealth Games 2022

I suspect that this is probably going to run over by a little bit, and it's nearly time for my favourite part of any closing ceremony - the big list of credits at the end!

(08-08-2022, 09:51 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I suspect that this is probably going to run over by a little bit, and it's nearly time for my favourite part of any closing ceremony - the big list of credits at the end!

Definitely going to run over… we’ve not had the special guest yet have we?
[-] The following 1 user Likes brioalex's post:
  • UTVLifer

It’s the ghost of Ozzy Osborne!
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • bilky asko, brioalex, UTVLifer

I had a feeling it would be Ozzy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes brioalex's post:
  • UTVLifer

Well it's not Harry Styles.

(08-08-2022, 09:29 PM)brioalex Wrote:  
(08-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Jon Wrote:  You’d think other UK cities will be keen to host soon after this. There aren’t many countries that are capable/willing to host these games outside of the UK and Aus. But it’s the closest to hosting an Olympics you can get without hosting the Olympics but not many cities want that either these days.

Absolutely! My guess for future UK host cities would probably be Liverpool or Cardiff...
Well Liverpool bid for this games of course so I’m sure they’d still be keen. 

Newcastle would be good for the Aussies as they could do it from Sydney and look like they’re on location. I imagine a Yorkshire bid might be possible too. 

I think it would be good for the games to go Canada because they need to build interest in that market. And it looks likely they’ll go to Hamilton in 2030.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • brioalex

Some ratings / streaming stats here for the BBC's Commonwealth Games coverage.

Birmingham 2022 breaks BBC streaming records for Commonwealth Games

www.insidethegames.biz 
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Rijowhi

The Birmingham games were simply brilliant and it made a change for the BBC to show the ‘Second City’ in a great light. Being a Brummie and still living within the area I was privileged enough to go to some events. The atmosphere was incredible.

I hope the BBC in the future will see Birmingham and the Midlands have as much potential as the North. This goes for other Broadcasters too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rijowhi's post:
  • Josh, Scratch_Perry