Rewind TV - Launches 23rd of May 2024

Has anything launched on Freesat recently or is it effectively in a period of managed decline with the impending launch of Freely, which is probably in the short term feels more likely to succeed as an alternative to Freesat than to Freeview.

Nothing announced yet for Freeview but the Talk TV slot will become free soon along with the hours on Local TV, so are possibilities if they are able to invest - though I suspect launching on Freeview is still probably costlier than doing so on satellite.

The problem with that is many of the people who use free sat live in areas wheee broadband speed and reliability is not yet fast and reliable enough to provide a like for like replacement for Freesat.

(Yesterday, 10:31 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The problem with that is many of the people who use free sat live in areas wheee broadband speed and reliability is not yet fast and reliable enough to provide a like for like replacement for Freesat.

I could probably argue if you can stream YouTube even in potato vision then you can sustain a TV stream.

Anyway according to this:
labs.thinkbroadband.com 

98% of UK homes have access to " superfast internet" of some sort even if its only 10Mbps.

If we're going to keep catering to the lowest common denominator and holding things up for the last man standing to shift his arse, we'd still be watching 405 line TV in black and white and discussing the latest tweak to the Batwings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Brekkie

(Yesterday, 10:31 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The problem with that is many of the people who use free sat live in areas wheee broadband speed and reliability is not yet fast and reliable enough to provide a like for like replacement for Freesat.
You keep repeating that line even though you've been told multiple times it is no longer the case and that homes with fast broadband now outstrip homes with the licence fee. Yes, it's still a factor to consider and I would still argue streaming channels are no substitute for broadcast when it comes to the big live events on the big channels, but even in the last couple of years things have progressed so much. Indeed I wouldn't be surprised if Rewind TV are looking to launch a streaming channel too.

Sadly my motorised dish isn't working properly right now and I don't have the money to get someone out to fix it, so can't get the channel here.